Chapter 13

Before you read on I just wanted to refresh your minds with the characters:

Prove It-    Characters

Gabriella Charlotte Phoenix: Main Character, abused and bullied

Luke Phoenix: Mystery brother of Lottie

Kai Anderson: classmate, friend of Lottie. First met at school and knows about Lottie's bullying

Bruce Chan: can be considered as friend of Gabriella

Veronica hills: Lottie's bully at school

Vicky and Mandy: Veronica's Minions (friends)

Grace Anderson: Kai's mum.

Mr Roger Phoenix: AKA 'dad,' Luke and Lottie's abusive father

Ms Pearl Phoenix: AKA mum Luke and Lottie's mother  

Chapter 13

(NOT EDITED)

Before I left, I wanted to do something quickly. I stopped walking along their walk path. "Ooh, Kai?"

"Sup?"

I walked cautiously back to him. I looked down at my wrist and took off a specific thin black rubber bracelet that had friends written around it in white and grabbed his wrist gently, my fingers tingled. I put it around his wrist before running away.

When I reached home, I knew my father wouldn't be home so I brought the key out and quickly unlocked the door I ran up the stairs really fast. But something breaking rattled me. It sounded like a glass of water shattering into pieces. I heard sobbing behind my parent's closed door. I heard a low, rough whisper. Was that my dad speaking to my mum? Wait. Dad. I scattered to my room and shut the door quietly I washed my flushed face. Why is she crying? What is he doing here?

Why? Why? Why?

I kept asking until my head started spinning. I laid down. When my head relaxed. I quickly got up and got dressed. I tied my wrist up and proceeded with my clothing. I slipped on my army leggings, and my white short-sleeve loose blouse then I quickly put on my combat boots and slipped in my pocket knife. I let out my hair and applied a bit of eyeliner and mascara. And done. In almost 15 minutes. Not bad.

Now for the scary part. I slowly and noiselessly opened my bedroom door and tiptoed to the stairs. Then I hurried my way to the front door. Only to stop to the sound of knifes scraping against each other.

"Oi Phoenix, you never mentioned you had a hot daughter?"

Someone else snickered. I could hear his heavy and uneven footsteps coming towards me. No. what's this.

"Old Phoenix? You don't mind do you?"

"Not at all," he spat through his clenched teeth.

I think I'm going to faint. Oh lord! Oh lord!!! Please rescue me. Wait... I'm at the front door stupid. Before I opened the door a thick, rough hand grabbed my arm. And slammed me against the door. I gulped. Not good. His hands were only getting tighter. I turned my head to the side, he was only coming closer.

I felt his hot, intoxicated breath. His voice was raspy as was everything about him.

"Aren't you a beauty.."

Before he could move his hand any higher. I kneed him where it hurts hiss grip let go. And I unlocked the door and bolted for it. I ran and ran to our tree I didn't stop. I was muttering to myself. It's okay. Nothing happened. He didn't do anything. I looked back just to make sure. Clumsy me didn't watch where she was going and slammed into something hard. Or someone? I squealed. I don't know if it was out of fright, or impact or I don't know.