Chapter 23

Chapter 23

~~~~~

The last one.

I readjusted my hands on the floor directly under my shoulders, my arms were fully extended, body straight, and toes also on the floor.

 I inhaled as I lower my body towards the floor until my chest was almost touching the ground. Than exhale as I push myself back up until my arms were fully extended.

“100.” There. That should do it. I was training as usual. Our next assignment is in two days. But we still don’t know what it is. But I know who’s involved. I’ve seen there profiles and I’ve seen them face to face.

I’ve dedicated everything into my work, guard everyone. Protect everyone. Stop criminals. One at a time. We’ve reached almost the top of the squads. Our squad is powerful, unique. We may be the youngest. But no one should ever underestimate us. Like never. Put us together and we can control the world. All five of us.

Protect individuals. Protect.

Protect.

Protect.

Lottie.

Gabriella Charlotte Phoenix.

I’m selfish.

What have I done? Where is she? Is she still alive… NO!

Lukie, I love you.

You’re the best. My bestest brother.

“I’m you’re only brother?” Her giggle. “That’s the point.”

“… I’ll always be with you forever,” I whispered. “Promise?” she said while yawning.  “I Promise.”

I vowed to myself. I’ll protect her. I never thought we would be assigned to protect the god damn president!

She’s small, FRAGILE! She almost got killed so many times. I can’t just leave her. But I left her. What kind of brother am I?

Tears started streaming down her face. I studied my surroundings. My eyes widened as I knew what was going to happen. But before I could act, the boy stretched out his arm and pushed her.  “LUUUUUKIEE!!!” Her scream echoed as she fell over the few metres ledge.

NOO!

I must not see her. She’ll be in more danger. People are after us. I can’t let them find her. I realized that two months ago. After the first assignment. I was returning home when we were stalked. We almost lead them to our weaknesses.

Lottie, you’re better off this way.

I’m sorry.

I can’t I’ll never forgive myself if something happens to her.

I grabbed the glass vase and threw it across the room, where it shattered to over a hundred tiny pieces.

Just for ten minutes. Where’s the harm?

My phone beeped, almost midnight.

Oh! That’s it… I’m such an idiot, I could trace her phone, I mean Felix taught me how to, he taught me this way to track a device for not more than a minute. But it’ll only work if the person is on ground level. Don’t ask me why. Ask Felix and Pixel, those tech idiots, they’re cousins, and part of our squad.

I turned on the hard drive, and waited for it to buffer up and open, I opened the application and typed in this long code that Felix made me memorize.  The screen minimized as another enlarged to a sophisticated map, where it slowly zoomed in to coordinates. Which ended up being our house.

She’s safe?

I mean she’s at home. I sighed, and went to the other room.

“Hey man, what the fuck is up with you?”

“Shut up Blade.” I muttered coldly.

“Woah someone’s PMSing. Sometimes I forget that Pixel is the only girl in our squad. Forgive me.” He threw a knife my way only missing me by a few inches. I sighed.

I glared at him. As usual, he was fiddling with knives, sharpens them and places them around his body in various places. I swear there are more than 15 knives on him as we speak. Which must be the reason why his parents named him Blade in the first place?

Never get on his bad side. His knife throwing skills are so sharp, that you wouldn’t know what hit you until, a couple of seconds later. The number of time he threw some at me for fun only just missing me merely. I stay clear. Except I can bet him physically anytime. Pixel and Felix are our brains, the things they talk about, cannot be understood except by one another.

Lastly, there’s Jackie boy. My pal. My shadow. His almost on the same level physically. Except his lighter on feet. Thinks more. Tries to solve problems with his head instead, like me with fists. He did parkour since he was eight so he says.

Beeping set off. The noise came from my computer, I rushed back inside.

The tracker was moving around and in a fast pace, but something didn’t seem right. It was unfamiliar, if I was correct she’d be heading to the hidden beach. I don’t remember her ever taking that route before. Why? Because I clearly remember that route leads to the six metre high cliff above the hidden beach we used to go to back before it happened.

She has never been there since. That’s almost ten years. I stopped what I was doing and walked over to the monitor to make sure. It was true. I could feel my eyes widening. Should I make a move? Something clicked in my head. I quickly reached over for my phone and speed dialled Jackie. I tapped the edge of the desk impatiently. One ring. Two rings. Three- “Hello?” Jackie answered in his grouchy  voice. “Jackie, come quick, I really need your help.” I blurted out as fast as possible.

“Dude, do you know what time it is?” He groans impatiently. “This is urgent!” The tracker wasn’t stopping. Then the screen blacked out. I panicked, minute over. I heard a heavy sigh blow through the speaker. “Jackie this is code blue, please.” Jake took a sharp breath, “I’ll be there in a minute!” He said before hanging up. The good thing is he doesn’t need to be told twice.

Code blue, Family member in danger.

I texted the rest of the squad, it took a minute to get ready. Before I heard Jackie’s bike roar in the distance. Blade nodded at me before rushing to his bike. I rode at the back of Jackie’s Bike and held on. Never underestimate this kid’s speed. His nuts.

Lottie just hang in there. I’m coming for you.

~~~~~

 Guess who's POV this is in? ;)

Vote

Comment

and Smile because you're amazing never lose hope!!!