Chapter 35

Point of View order: Luke then Gabs 

Enjoy

Chapter 35

(NOT EDITED)

One second, Lottie stood to my left, the next she was on the ground pinning Jackie to the ground, with her pocket knife against his throat. I knew giving her the pocket knife was a bad idea. Blade is rubbing onto her too.

“Gabriella Charlotte Phoenix, get off him now!” I saw her physically flinch. I know she knows when I use her full name she’ll get in deep shit if she doesn’t follow. What broke the tension was Jackie’s laugh. “So like brother like sister. Luke isn’t this exactly the position we we’re in two years ago?”

I smiled at the memory, but it quickly disappeared. “Shut up!” Lottie shouted. Jackie put his hands up in defeat. “Can I at least know why I’m about to get slaughtered?”

“Stop acting stupid. If I fell for it, I’m making sure Luke doesn’t make the same mistake. Bruce.”

What the hell is she talking about? And why did Jackie tense up.

“Jackie what’s she talking about?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah Jackie tell him what you’re on about?”

Am I missing something? Wait Bruce. Didn’t she mention that name before?

How’d you learn to fight?” Blade asked an almost unconscious Lottie.

 “Bruce…” was what she muttered.

Does that mean…

“Jackie or Bruce or whatever your name is, explain yourself.” I heard Lottie growl, or try to.

He sighed. “I’m not Bruce.”

“STOP LYING!”

“Woman chill. Bruce is my twin brother.”

“Bullshit, you think I’m dumb enough to fall for that.”

I stood there feeling more confused than ever, I looked at Felix and Pixel they just shrugged their shoulders. I turned to Blade, he had a smirk on his face, he was clearly enjoying this. I shook my head.

“It’s the truth, haven’t seen him in over five months.”

“Even if he was your twin brother, he or you said that, you’ve got an older brother.”

“Well honestly speaking I am older than him. By ten minutes.”

I remember Jackie mentioning he has a little sister and a brother. Not a twin brother.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

“Did it matter? He didn’t want to come with me anyways.”

I looked him dead in the eye. “Jackie, are you telling the truth?” he looked me dead straight in the eye. “Yes.” I sighed in relief, he can’t lie, he can’t look someone in the eye and lie.

“Gabriella get off him.”

“But-” I cut her off “Now.”

She stayed for a few more seconds before she got up, giving me a mock salute “You may have fooled them but not me.” And she stormed out of the living room towards her room. I rubbed my face trying to ease the tension.

“Luke your sister is entertaining.” Blade chuckled under his breath before shuffling after her. “Where do you think you’re going?” I asked suspiciously, I can’t leave those two together, out of sight, god knows what they’ll plan next.