Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Dark and empty.

They’re dark, empty; looking right at me, maybe even through me. Haunting me for the rest of my life.

“Am I still a coward?” They ask.

Dark thick liquid oozes from her forehead. Slowly trailing down her face. Ruby droplets ripple as they drop in the forming puddle.

Puddle of blood.

Mum’s puddle of blood.

Mum.

His face was next. His eyes, they were dead a long time ago also. Why? I don’t know. Yet his cold heart is still beating. Even though he stopped someone else’s heartbeat.

He smirks at me.

“You’re next!” He whispers before erupting into a fit of loud chuckles. Those two words echo through my mind.

His voice was what brought me back to consciousness. I groaned when I lifted my head up. Everything hurt. I couldn’t pinpoint where I was, or what was happening.

What happened?

I was swaying from one side to another. I tried to get up but something was holding my legs together. Unless they’re paralysed. My eyes widened at the thought. Wait… why are they paralysed?

Both ways, I want to walk, I’m not paralysed. I rush of relief went through my body when I saw that my legs were just tied up. Wait… Why are they tied up?

Am I missing something?

I tried looking through my brain for anything. The last thing I remember… was wait, what… K-kai…

He kissed me.

Really?

And I ran away. Home.

Nothing else, it was all fuzzy, I re-heard the gunshot, but who was killed. Unless the dream was real? No mum was still cold, and was at home when I left for school this morning. Was it this morning?

I jumped up, but fell straight down. Pain, too much. Left leg.

 Thigh. I gritted my teeth. The pain was not normal, unbearable.

Excruciating.

Agonizing.

 You get the point. I was groaning in pain. I looked down to examine the damage.  It felt almost like I got shot-

My eyes almost popped out of my head, when I saw the blood.

Hole.

Bullet.

Gunshot wound.

Penetration of the body by a bullet, commonly marked by a small entrance wound and a larger exit wound.

A wound made with a bullet or other missile projected by a firearm.

I did get shot.

Knowledge of what I know about wounds, and what I remember from movies, came to thought.

I heard that if you leave a bullet in for long it’ll get infected, and if you leave a wound unintended double infection.

The pain was like being stabbed all over my leg, repeatedly in one spot. 

I have no choice, but to… I shut my eyes tight. Do I have to?

It’s that or risk getting my leg amputated. The thought made me shudder.