Chapter 1-Let's Negotiate

Where am I?...

You cracked open your eye lids to see a bright light shining in our eyes.

Am I in the lab?..

You felt feeling flow into your limbs and fingers as you felt the chill of metal brush against your body. You immediately sat up, looking everywhere frantically. You were in a small room with grey-painted walls and a single metal door as you gripped the slab of steel that was your bed.

It's not familiar...

You observed everything as you whipped your head around to see the metal screech open as you frantically backed away to a corner. As the door fully opened, it revealed a animal-like person wearing a vest and tie, innocently smiling at you with a scar across his eye.

Is he a mouse?..Dog?..

"Hello! I'm glad to see your awake..miss?" He paused as he smiled, waiting for your answer.

You held your chin, trying to recollect your memories.

"I don't have a name.."  You sighed as the little animal smiled nervously.

"Ah..s-surely you have a name! Or anything that anyone has referred to you or called you?" Nedzu inferred as you thought about it again

 A name?..

You thought about it tills you figured it out as you bluntly slammed a fist against your palm,"Shitty pawn," 

Nedzu jumped at your sudden language until you spoke again,"Or they say..Project 17"

Nedzu sighed as he turned back to his innocent and cheery demeanor,"Wonderful! I have a proposition for you if you're will to take it?"

You looked at him plainly as you squinted your eyes,"I have no choice anyway so it's worthless to ask such a question,"

Nedzu smiled awkwardly as he tugged against his collar,"Of course you do! But yes there aren't many other options for you,"

"What do you want me to do?" You suddenly asked as you sat upright.

"Project 17. I know of your situation and all the horror that those people put you through so I want to give you a life where you're free to choose and do things on your own will," Nedzu explained.

My own will, huh..

"Nedzu," You interrupted him,"I don't know why you would ever consider me a person or me having an identity. I was 'born' into this world without any purpose," You protested to him formally. 

"And that's the best part of being human Project 17! None of us are born knowing of our purpose and that's why we grow and experience things to find out what our purpose is. That's the opportunity I want you to have," He said as I took a moment to think. 

Being human?...I'm not human at all though...

This sparked a new feeling. 

Curiosity.

"I want to be..." You soothingly and softly spoke,"Human,"

Nedzu gave you a reassuring smiled as he nodded as your opinion you've ever said in your presumed life.

"But Project 17," Nedzu said seriously, his demeanor slightly changing,"You'll need to keep your emotions under control in order for you to live like us,"

Your eyes looked down to the floor as you suddenly said,"And if that happens.."

Nedzu gulped at thinking about the consequences.

"You'll terminate me, right?

Your eyes were glued to Nedzu's beady black eyes as you could tell he was trying to avoid your gaze.

"Of course not. There's no way that I'd let that happen," Nedzu said reassuring as he did not look directly at you.

Liar...

You sighed as Nedzu kept explaining your situation,"You will be joining my academy. There's no need for you to worry about living expenses since we will cover that for you and provide you a home,"

Home?..

You thought about the word for a second as Nedzu continued,"You will be assigned to a teacher and you are to respectfully obey him."

When have I ever betrayed someone's orders?..

"That is all. You have a few days till you start class," Nedzu last said as he quaintly walked away from you as you used your quirk and sprouted bear like claws while starting to scratch in the cement on your temporary room, making white streaks.

Drawing was a habit of yours. You didn't know why, but whenever you were left alone and not given anything to do you started to draw using whatever you had.

Till you had to start 'class' you were kept in solitude and let out for meals and lessons abot society with a succubus woman named "Midnight".

You weren't allowed into the city. You were obedient to the people around you. 

What nonsense..

You sighed as you hugged your knees.

He shouldn't have said all that sweet talk because I know what he really means..Same as everyone else..

You observed your drawing that covered the room.

They want to control me... 

Days went by as I was given some uniorm.

"Ooh~! I knew you would be cute in actual clothes!" Midnight cooed as you plainly looked out your outfit. You've been wearing torn up clothes for the past few days and haven't worn anything like this in your entire life.

"Now, Project 17. You will be given orders by a teacher who you are assigned to as many other people. You must obey," Midnight remind you as you nodded,"And if any of these other people provoke you, you must act appropriately, okay?"

What would be appropriate for this type of situation?..

The day you were assigned to a teacher, you were met with by a man with bags under his red eyes with long black, shaggy hair and a scarf loosely wrapped around him.

"I will be your assigned teach Project 17," He tiringly said as you stared at him,"My name is Aizawa."

He's the new person that will control me..

"You will be with me and 20 other students, learning under the influence of heroes," Aizawa scoffed as you plainly looked at him.

Heroes? The people who claim to give me a better life while all they're really doing is locking me in a bigger prison cell..

"And if lose control," You started to say,"You'll kill me right?"

He looked at you with out any remorse,"Yes. But that's why you're going there for. To learn and control,"

At least he's blunt about it..

You plainly looked at the ground trying to process any sort of outcome for besides death.

He suddenly asked,"As your first task I want to know something,"

You nodded as you replied,"Yes? What is it?"

"Can you take a hit?