Excitement (eleven)

"Oh hey! Emeri, right?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I froze in place, causing the person behind me to ram straight into me. I staggered forward but managed to keep my balance. The blonde, however managed to fall straight into the concrete.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" I asked before bending down and helping the girl up. When she rose to her feet I couldn't help but heavily examine her face. She looked eerily familiar. I looked her up and down trying to figure out where I know her from.

"Done checking me out?" She asked with a smirk on her face. I blushed and studied her face once more. Oh! I know!

"Oh! You're Ciara's sister, aren't you?" I asked, happy that I finally figure it out. She looked at me like I was crazy before laughing.

"You think she's my sister? She's not. She's just a huge bitch and I'm scared of her." She said, leaving me confused. She looked thoughtful for a second before her face lit up. My eyebrows furrowed as she reached into her big expensive purse and pulled out a beautiful red rose.

"Is that for me?" I gasped. She nodded and handed the rose to me before bouncing off to the school doors. I shook my head at her and examined the rose. It had a note tied to the stem and I carefully took it in my hand and started reading.

Hey Emeri, it's me Ciara. After school, could you please come over? It's important. Oh, and wear something cute. I'm taking you out on a date. :)

I read each every beautifully written letter and word about a million times before I heard the school bell ring, snapping me back to the world.

"Holy shit." I whispered to myself, a huge smile appearing on my face. I jumped up for joy and started screaming at the air, overjoyed with excitement.

"Get to class!"

=======

"Maisie! Pick up the phone!" I said to myself after trying to call Maisie for the third time. I slammed my phone against my bed in frustration and picked out my clothes for the date.

After a few minutes of searching through my closet, I decided on a cute outfit that would for sure capture Ciara's attention. I took out my phone and took a picture of myself and sent it to Maisie.

 I took out my phone and took a picture of myself and sent it to Maisie

Instantly after I sent her a picture, she called me.

"Yo Maiz-" I started but had to move the phone away from my ear when I heard her scream.

"You look so FINE! OH MY GOD!" She yelled, making me giggle.

"Oh, shut up." I teased. She sighed and continued on,

"You are so gorgeous my God. Who knew my best friend was a fucking model?" She sounded so excited and happy. "You might wanna iron out that shirt though," She teased. I scoffed and rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"So, who are you trying to impress?" She asked in a questioning tone. 

"U-uh," I stammered, scared to tell her that I would be going out with Ciara.

"Who?" She pressed on. I cleared my throat.

"C-Ciara." I answered finally with a shaky voice. I heard nothing from her end and was nervous as she let me sit in silence for a few moments before she ended the call. Damn, she is definitely angry. Oh well.

======

"Holy damn," Courtney said, checking me out. I rolled my eyes and slipped past her. "Would it be possible for you to go on a date with me instead of Ciara?" She said in a sweet voice. 

"What the hel-" I started but couldn't finish when Ciara walked down the stairs looking like a goddess. My jaw hit the floor and her jaw hit the floor when she saw me.

"You look gorgeous-" We both said at the same time. She blushed and sent a cute smile my way. I laughed at the heavy blush on her cheeks. She winked at me and looked me up and down, sending shivers up and down my spine.

"Done checking each other out?" Courtney said. I almost forgot she was even here.

"Damn it, Courtney. If you weren't here I swear I would've fu-" 

"Okay! Okay!" I stopped her before she could continue. Courtney smirked and made her way over to me. She made sure Ciara could see before she grabbed my face with both of her hands. I tried to get out of her grip but she trapped me in. 

She leaned in very slowly. Before our lips could touch, she quickly slipped her thumb between our lips and we both ended up kissing her thumbs. I guess it must've looked like an actual kiss because Ciara looked upset and ready to yell.

What Ciara did next shocked me. She didn't scream or yell at Courtney, but instead looked heartbroken and ran up the steps before a single tear could escape from her eyes. Courtney looked apologetic and regretful before trying to follow her.

"Hey, let me handle this, okay?" I said, a bit upset at Courtney. She nodded and sat on the couch, looking down at her hands.

a/n: sorry this chapter is short, i have big plans for the next one! thank you for the support guys! love you all xx