Date (fourteen)

a/n: i was in the hospital lol sorry i couldn't get this uploaded on new years :'(

"Come on, Emeri! Let me see!" Maisie gushed over the phone. Even though she knows that me and Ciara are going out on a date, she still is happy for me. I giggled at her tone and complied. I paused the call before snapping a picture of myself.

"Done." I said while sending the picture over. It took a couple seconds before I heard Maisie screeching in my ear. I had to hold the phone a couple inches from my ear because her screaming was so loud.

 I had to hold the phone a couple inches from my ear because her screaming was so loud

"Ahhh! You're soooo gorgeous!" She yelled through her screaming. I shushed her and waited for her to calm down.

"Thank you, Maisie." I said when she calmed down. She sighed loudly before whispering into the phone.

"Just make sure to call me if she tries to rape you, okay?" I almost choked on thin air when she said that.

"What the hell, Maisie?" I asked in an annoyed tone. I know that she said she was okay with me and Ciara dating, but did she really have to make those comments?

"Alright, I'm sorry. I'm serious though." She said which made me groan. She laughed before continuing. "You know I love you, right?" I giggled at her sappiness.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too. I'm really thankful for you, cutie." I gushed over the phone.

"Oh, really?" She asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"Yeah. Thank you for letting me go out with Ciara." I said sincerely. She scoffed.

"You don't need my permission to do anything." She insisted.

"But, still. Thank you for giving Ciara a chance." I stated. She gave a low hum before answering.

"Yeah, yeah. Just let her know that if she breaks your heart, I'll kill her." She said before hanging up. I plopped on the couch and texted Ciara. I was about to send her a text before I glanced up at her contact name. Ciara Hennessy. I smiled and changed her name. I tapped away on my phone like a lovesick teenager with a huge smile on my face. I was interrupted when my phone buzzed in my hands.

[ciara ♡] 5:23pm: hey love, are you ready yet?

I couldn't stop the blush that spread across my face. 

[me] 5:23pm: yeah. where are we going?

[ciara ♡] 5:24pm: it's a surprise, babe.

[me] 5:24pm: tell meeeeee :(

[ciara ♡] 5:24: nope! just be patient.

[me] 5:24pm: ugh, fine. come pick me up :)

The door bell rung and I jumped in my seat. I raced to the door and took a deep breath. Calm down, Emeri. It's just Ciara.