Getting Over It (thirteen)

a/n: sorry for lack of updates.

"Wake up, Em!" I awoke and instantly shot up. I looked around and observed my surroundings. I was still in Ciara's room. I looked up at my distraught best friend. It looked like she had been crying but she was still looking as beautiful as ever. I squinted at what she was wearing as things were still blurry. She was wearing a hoodie that I knew wasn't hers. She never bought baggy clothing.

"W-who's sweatshirt is that?" I croaked awkwardly, coughing to clear my throat. She sighed before answering.

"It's Ciara's. But wait, let me explain." She said quickly before I could interrupt her. I looked at her with a shocked expression and tried to wrap my head around it. My best friend was wearing her enemy's sweatshirt. Why? "We sort of, uhh. Made up I guess you could say." She stated, which made me feel relieved. I have a better chance with Ciara now, I guess.

"Oh, that's good." I quietly said with a nod. She nodded back and sat next to me on the bed. "So uh... how did it happen?"

=======

"What the hell did you do, Ciara?" I fiercely asked my cousin over the phone. I instantly knew something was wrong when I received a call from her. Her voice was shaky and it sounded like she had been crying.

"I-I don't k-know." She stuttered over the phone, sniffles interrupting her words. I sighed heavily and made a dash for my front door. If she did something bad to Emeri, I swear I'll kill her. I don't care if she's my cousin or not.

"Where are you?" I asked as I opened my car and put the key into the engine. I quickly pulled out of the drive way and held one had onto my phone and the other one on the wheel. "Ciara! Answer me!" I almost yelled. She took a couple moments before answering,

"U-uh we are in my room. Please hurry."She whispered before hanging up the phone. I groaned and threw my phone at the passengers seat. I sped over to her house in a matter of no time, barging through the front door, ignoring the odd looks from Courtney.

"Emeri! Emeri!" I yelled through the house as I looked for her. I sprinted up the stairs and barged into Ciara's room where I found Emeri laying on the bed, in a deep sleep. I looked over in the corner where Ciara was pacing around. I instantly sped over to her and grabbed her by her shirt.

"What the hell did you do?" I snarled, gripping her shirt harder as a wave of tears poured from her eyes. I heard her mumble through her tears an incoherent sentence.

"What? Talk to me, Ciara!" I yelled but instantly felt guilty as she whimpered and sobbed. "Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to yell. Just-...Just tell me what happened." I said more calmly this time. She looked up at me with her teary eyes and I couldn't help but feel bad.

"I can't do it, Maisie." She sobbed, cradling her face into her hands. I grew confused. She couldn't do what exactly?

"Do what?" I pressed. She looked up at me with her watery eyes and I could barely her what she said next. 

"I'm falling in love with her, but I know I'm not good for her-" 

"You're WHAT?!" I yelled. She looked at me with a hard glare before continuing.

"I know I'm not- I'm not good for her, but I can't help it." She finished. I sighed heavily and looked at her to see if she was lying. Her face show no emotion but sadness and I came to the conclusion that she was telling the truth. Maybe she really did like Emeri, I mean, why else would she be bawling her eyes out about her when I rarely saw her cry over anything. She could be good for Emeri in some ways, but if she breaks her heart, I will not hesitate to beat her ass, cousin or not.