Falling Hard (twelve)

a/n: i love this song so much

"Ciara! I'm sorry!" I yelled, tripping over the staircase and rushing to the hallway. "Ciara! Where are you?" I yelled frantically, looking for her room in the massive hallway. There seemed to be a million doors in her house, what the hell?

"In here." I heard a soft voice call directly to my left. I rushed to the door and barged in as quick as I can, trying not to crash onto the floor.

There Ciara sat, staring at her wall with a blank look in her eyes. I slowly walked over to her bed, taking a seat right next to her, but making sure that I wasn't overstepping my boundaries. I slowly put my hand on her shoulder and lightly shook it, gaining her attention. Once her eyes were on mine I racked my brain together trying to figure out what to say.

"Ciara, I'm so-" Ciara's lip crashed against mine, completely erasing any words I had planned to say to her. Her lips moved against mine as I struggled to kiss her back. She kept kissing me, even if I wasn't responding to it. She let go of my lips with a pop after I wasn't kissing her back for a few moments, and rested her head against mine.

"Why won't you kiss me back?" Ciara asked  helplessly. I felt her soft breath fan against my lips and that's when I softly gripped her head and brought our lips together. She moaned against my lips as she straddled me. Our lips were moving so feverishly together that I almost forgot what I was up here for. I slowly stopped the kiss, and gently pushed her off of me. She looked hurt for a second, but then she sent me a soft smile.

"I love you," I whispered gently while blushing heavily. My eyes darted everywhere except her face. We sat in silence for a few moments, while I was patiently waiting for a response from her. I finally got the courage to look at her face and what I saw melted my insides. She was still holding me tightly, but with tears in her beautiful blue eyes. I cupped her face and scanned her eyes for any signs of emotion. Realizing that she was staring at me with a cold look on her face, I slowly got up from under her and went for the door. 

My heart broke as I padded away from her bed. I angrily stomped down the stairs and into the living room with dangerous thoughts in my mind.  I had just admitted to her that I love her and I get no response from her. Shocking, right? I mean, she's been chasing me around forever and the time I actually fall in love with her, she has no response. I suddenly became angry at her. Has she been toying with me the whole time? Teasing me around just to break me when I finally give in? I could not let someone do this to me! I had seen Maisie get her heart broken countless times, and I did not want to be feel the sadness in my heart that she had felt numerous times.

Making up my mind, I ignored Courtney's calls for me and stomped back up the stairs and stormed into Ciara's room, with a blazing fire in my eyes. I pulled her up from her bed and gripped her by her shirt.

"W-what are you-" She started but stopped when my hand connected with her face. It felt good for a second, but I instantly regretted it when she fell back on to her bed, breaking out into a sob. I sighed heavily and contemplated on what to do. Just moments ago we were in this same exact position. How could I let this happen?

"Look, I'm sorry Ciara." I said her name with as much venom I could muster.  "I shouldn't have done that, but I needed you to feel what I felt just a minute ago." I was about to tell her off again when I heard her soft voice finally emerge from her waves of tears racking through her body.

"You don't know how I feel Emeri! You don't know how much I hate myself right now! I wasn't supposed to feel this way. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you Emeri, and you were sure as hell weren't supposed to love me. You shouldn't love me Emeri, I should've stopped chasing you earlier than this. I'm a bad person, yo-" I interrupted her. I was comprehending what I had just heard and I was growing more confused by the second. 

"What do you mean, Ciara?" I asked, my breath getting more ragged as the time went on. I could feel my own tears on the verge of spilling out from my eyes. She gave me a glare as to say 'don't interrupt me' before continuing,

"YOU were just a dare, Emeri!" She burst, standing up from the bed and wiping her tears with her hand. I stood there dumbfounded, as my jaw hit the floor. My eyes broke and the tears flowed out, dripping down my face and onto my clothes. 

"So you were just toying with me!" I yelled ferociously. She yelled back with the same amount of force.

"STOP interrupting me! LET ME FINISH!" I wiped my tears and let her continue on with her rant.

"YOU were just a revenge plan for me. I love messing with Maisie and what better to  break her than breaking her best friend? So sure, I chased you around a bit, acted like a crazed stalker but after that I actually started to like you. I fell in love with your personality and your kind heart. After a while, I wasn't pretending anymore, Emeri." She stopped. She looked me dead in the eyes and reached out to caress my face.

"I love you, but I don't deserve you." She finished. My weak heart couldn't take it anymore as I could feel my breathing slowly come to a stop and my vision got blurry. How cliche, I thought, just as the darkness met my face.

a/n: so sorry for the lack of updates. please tell me what you think about my book so far, thank you all xx