Chapter 7

That night you stayed over at Beverlys. You couldnt be alone. Every single time you closed your eyes you could see IT. The way its eyes changed from a light blue to a yellow, or its sharp teeth and wide smile, the memory of it charging towards you, it wouldnt leave your mind.

"You can sleep on the bed" Bev said as she pulled an extra matress into the room and placed it on the floor, making a loud thump as it hit the carpet.
"No ill sleep on the matress,its your room" you replied.
Beverly shook her head as she placed a soft blanket and a pillow down.

"You need the sleep after what happened earlier. Youre sleeping on the bed" She said. She wasnt asking, she was telling you.
You quiclky gave up and sat down on her bed unzipping your bag and taking your pjs out.

"Ill be right back" you say gathering your things and walking towatds her bathroom.
You step inside and shut the door behind you.
You start getting undressed when something on the floor catches your eye. You glance over to whatever it was and walk over to it. A single drop of blood sat in the middle of the bathroom tiles.

"They werent lying" you thought as you quickly got dressed and rushed out the room.
When you entered Beverlys room she was laying on the matress a book in her hands. When she noticed you arrived she placed the book beside her pillow and sat up to face you.

"Ive never really had a sleepover before" you confess, sitting on Beverlys bed.

"What really?!" Beverly said shocked.
"Theyre great! We talk abot boys, drama, and stuff like that they're so fun!" She explains.
"Oh"
Beverly laughs, leaning on her hand.
"Soooo, any boy drama!" She asked her eyes growing wide in aticapation.
"Well not really.." You say.
"Oh, i thought you and Richie had a thing" she says.
Your eyes widen.
"What? No! Me and Richie are- were just friends" you say blushing.
Beverly gives you a look.
"Sureee" she says rolling her eyes.
Did you like Richie? He made you happy, he made you laugh and most importantly he cares. You couldnt deny the fact that you've ever thought of Richie like that. He was adorable.

"Fine, i guess so... I dont  know were just friends, and any way he doesnt like me like that any way" you say a littel bit of disapointment behind your voice.

Beverly smiles and drops the conversation but you cant get the thought out of your mind.

Did you and richie have a thing?
No, you couldn't.
You were just friends, right?

"What about you Bev?" You ask.
She blushes and looks away.
"I guess so, i kinda like Bill hes really nice" she answered.
You had always suspected something was going on between the two, they almost looked like they were built for eachother.
"I knew it!" You exclaim throwing your hands up un the air.
Beverly chuckles and flops down on the matress, staring up at the ceiling

"This whole summer is a mess"
"You can say that again"

************

You didn't want to go in the Well house, but you needed to. You were determined to find out what the hell that clown was.

All eight of you stood in front of the house, Eddie and Stan had made it very clear that they did not want to go in.
Bill dropped his bike and headed for the door, no one else following.
"Hey Bill, i dont think i like this plan anymore" Eddie whined starring up at Bill as he was right in front of the door.