Chapter 1 - Joe's Bar

Hello, my name is Emily Gordan! I am 26 and about to start my residency at Seattle Grace Hospital tomorrow. I was just at an intern mixer so I could get to know my new co-workers. I decided to leave early and went to Joe's Bar to have a couple shots of tequila. I'm sitting here talking to the bartender named Joe, he is asking me about my life and I mention that I'm starting a new job at the hospital across the street. I turn around and I see a very dreamy looking man entering the bar. We make eye contact and I smile. He walks up to the bar and asks for a double scotch single malt. He smiles and I smile.

"Is this a good place to hang out?" the stranger asks.
"This is my first time here, I wouldn't know," I say while shrugging.
"This is my first time here as well, I'm new to town," he said as he sat down next to me.
"I've never been to Seattle, I got a job here that I start tomorrow and I moved here a couple days ago." he continues.

I just smile and nod.

"Are you ignoring me?" the stranger asks.
"I'm trying to" I respond.
"You really shouldn't ignore me." He said.
"And why is that?" I inquire.
"Oh! I'm just someone you have to get to know to love." He responds.
"So if I know you I'll love you?" I ask.
"Oh yes!" He responds.
"What's your story? Everyone has a story." He remarks.
"Oh, my story I don't have one I'm just a girl in a bar," I respond.
"Well, in that case, I'm just a guy in a bar," He remarks.

One thing leads to another and we both head over to my place.