Chapter 9 - Start of Something Old?

"How am I going to tell Derek?" I inquire as I told the whole story to Izzie, George, and Cristina the next day at lunch.
"I honestly don't know," Izzie states.
"Just come out to him people like honesty," Cristina suggests.
"Never had that happen to me so I don't know," George says.
"Thanks, guys," I say with a slum look on my face.

I continue eating my lunch while the three of them talk. I don't really pay attention to anything they say I just stare into my salad only looking up to drink my ice water from my red and black Nalgene. I'm in deep thought I need to be honest with Derek but how am I going to tell him and how is he going to react. He will most likely flip out on me and our relationship was just starting to get good. I don't want to ruin it. What am I going to do......what am I going to do? I finish my lunch and try to avoid Derek at all costs and I heard Mark was around so I have to try to avoid him too. I run to a supply closet only to see Addison crying.

"Can't I just have one minute to myself without bumping into somebody especially YOU or Derek or Mark!" Addie basically screams.
"Oh Addison I'll leave, don't worry."
"No sorry those are the hormones, I'm just trying to avoid Mark and Derek and I told Mark he's the dad and that I'd prefer to terminate and he flipped out at me and......," Addison starts to sob.
"And what Addison? What did the Man whore do?" I ask Addison.
"He stormed out on me I am in love with him and he walked away," She wails.
"He was probably just frustrated he wouldn't come here if he didn't love you still," I try to comfort her.
"He told me about you, you know," Addie says seriously as she looked me deep in the eyes.
"Who?" I inquire feeling really confused.
"Mark, I was the woman that he was with that night that you walked into us having sex. He cursed me out and tried to run after you when you were nowhere to be found he laid in bed for a week only getting up to eat and for the bathroom he was balling his eyes out saying 'I messed up, Addie' and I was there almost every day taking care of him, like I've told you before in the hospital room we just got pushed together by Derek being absent and you were always away..."
"Addie, I was in med school trying to better myself so I can be where I am today, I'm sorry I was away but that doesn't give him the excuse to fucking cheat on me he could have come down to visit me, but I was going up to visit him and I see the two of you in bed in the throes you can't imagine how I felt I've never been the same since, I worry if I turn my back for one second I'm going to get cheated on again, and seeing him just made my emotions worse I'm always on edge and I'm trying to hide in closets so I don't see him or Derek because I know how he will feel even though it was three years ago I don't want to hurt him like that or have him fight Mark the punch was bad enough, did you see his face?"
"No, I was dragged into a conference room with my husband and his messed up hand and an angry chief of surgery."
"It was bad, he was very bloody, thank god for my awesome sutures or he'd have lots of scars."
"Mark taught you right? He used to talk about you all the time it's nice to finally put a face to the name, I didn't catch your face that night I always wondered,"
"Well I caught a glimpse of yours but when I saw Mark yesterday. I finally realized it was you."
"I have only one question for you Addie and please answer it honestly."
"Ok, I will Emily."
"Was that your first time in bed together or were there times before?"
"First time."
"That gives me some closure," I say with a half of a smile.

I walk out of the supply closet and head towards the OR board. That's when I hear George yelling, I turn the corner to see him yelling at my fellow interns I run to investigate and to hear what he's saying.

"What's happening??" I ask Alex.
"George and Mer slept together and supposedly it was bad," Alex says with a chuckle.
"What my cousin and brother?"
"Yep."
"I was the heart in the elevator guy not too long ago and now what am I the pathetic loser who can't even please the person he's loved since the beginning," George yells.
"Calm down Georgie," I shout looking down at him from the top step.
"Now my sister....." George falls down the stairs and lands on his back.