Chapter 14 - Help my Walls are Caving in

"Harold O'Malley, 54, collapsed after having dinner with his daughter, Dr. Gordon here. He regained consciousness in the field. His breath sound we're equal in route and BP was a bit high, it's in the family history, according to her," The paramedic named Mike states pointing at me to which I waved at Bailey and Richard who looked glum.
"I'm back! You probably thought you weren't going to see me for two weeks didn't you?" I say trying to lighten the mood as I duck out of the Ambulance.
"Hello, Emily!" Richard smiles.
"Oh you're not one of my hoodlums anymore so I would be excited to see you if it was a brighter note," Bailey laughs.
"Awe Bailey I'm touched," I say with a grin, "Did anyone bother to call Georgie?"
"No, there's no need to interrupt his fishing trip until we know what is happening that goes for the rest of my family," My dad states sternly.
"We all just got back there was an incident that caused Walter to be injured so we had to bring him back to be checked out," Richard chuckles.
"Poor Walter," I frown, "Does that mean Derek is somewhere around here?"
"Yes! He was checking Walter out quickly then probably going home."
"Oh, then can we get Derek here to check out my dad's Neuro he hit his head when he passed out."
"Sure, I'll have a nurse page him when we get inside."
"How'd he fall?" Bailey asks as we finally leave to Ambulance bay.
"Face first, why?"
"We need ortho this clavicle looks out of place or broken!"
"Who's the ortho on call?" I press.
"Torres," Richard responds.
"Georgie's girlfriend I like her," my dad speaks up.
"Dad they aren't together right now," I roll my eyes.
"Well, she's still a nice girl even if she isn't with my Georgie."
"Can we get Anderson instead?" I ask turning to Richard.
"Torres is already here there's no need to drag Anderson back out here just because you don't want Torres to treat your father."
"Why don't you want Callie to treat me, sweetheart?" My dad asks.
"Some personal reasons not surgical reasons she's an amazing surgeon dad just-," I sigh as I see Bailey and Richard staring at me as we enter the exam room, "I'll talk to you about it later."
"Ok."
"Emily you can be in the room but you are to sit in the corner and you are to be seen and not heard, you understand me?" Bailey instructs.
"Yes, ma'am."
"No pulling any funny business we all know what happened last time I told you to be seen and to not be heard."
"What happened last time?" My dad inquires.
"Let's just say that she was heard, Mr. O'Malley," Dr. Bailey grins.
"That right there she gets from her mother."
"That she does," Richard agrees.

As Callie comes and examines my dad, he starts to complain about upper abdominal pain. Bailey gives him some morphine well Callie sets his clavicle, then puts my dad's arm in a sling. A short while later Derek finally arrives and notices that I was sitting on the floor. Derek comes running over to me to check on me.

"What's wrong are you ok?" Derek asks as he squats down to squeezes my arm.
"It's my dad! He fell and passed out when I was having dinner with him," I whisper knowing everyone can see us even my dad because of the way he was laying.
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah just a little shaken up, nothing drastic yet," I mumble as Derek puts his hand on my cheek.
"I'm here for you if need me," Derek kisses my forehead and pulls me into a tight hug.
"Thanks, Der!" I say returning the hug.
"I'll feel better when I know my dad is okay."
"I can get Mark if you want him," Derek says as he rubs my arm.
"He's still in surgery until 8," I look at my watch to see it was 7:00, "He should be out of surgery within the hour."
"He can have someone close for him if it means being here for you, I know how you get with these types of things he probably does too so he would want to be here."
"Fine, page him," I give in after looking into his eyes, they're my weakness when it came to Derek.
"Come find me when you want me to page him," Derek gives me his signature warm smile.

I stay there in my head trying to figure out what all of that just meant.

"Why's Emily on the floor?" Derek inquires as he standing up.
"She's being seen and not heard as her father is getting examined," Bailey speaks up.
"He needs an endoscopy and he needs a neuro check-up so Shep comes over here instead of whispering to Dr. Gordon so we can assign him a room. And somebody calls the rest of his family, or at least page Dr. O'Malley," Richard speaks up.
"And page Dr. Sloan," Derek adds as he looks over at me.
"I'm on it, Doctors," a nurse that I believe is named Alyssa.
"Mr. O'Malley, I've heard so much about you! Hi, I'm Dr. Shepherd."
"You're the hotshot brain surgeon guy my Georgie and Emily always talks about."
"And my Emily is always fawning about," my dad whispers to Derek unbeknownst to me.
"Yes, that's me!" Derek blushes, "Ok I'm going to do a quick neuro check."
"Ok."
"Just follow my instructions," Derek smiles, "Can you tell me if you hit your head on the way down?"
"According to my Emily I did but I don't recall."
"Dr. Gordon has a keen eye for detail so we will stick with that," Derek states.
"Can you tell me the president?"
"George Bush."
"Good! How about what today's date is."
"Saturday, June 18, 2005."
"Amazing Job Mr. O'Malley," Derek smiles before he starts to finish the neuro check.
"Alright Mr. O'Malley everything is looking great I'd like to have a CT done for precautions but your neuro check looks to be great."