Captured

I finally wake up. I look around to see Thorn. I see her and she is still asleep. I was still a little dizzy. I saw the cage. We both were trapped. She woke up and looked at me. I told her we were in cages. She asked if it was the hunters hiding out in caves. I looked around as I spaced off. I see the markings on the wall that Teal makes when she sleeps. I look at Thorn as she asks again. I told her that is was the new packs place. She asked me how I knew and I told her everything that was concerning to this from the letter, to watching them, to the little pup that was leading them. She nodded and just kept staring at me like she was looking in my soul. 

It was two days later. We both wanted to get out of here as much as the other. No one came, nothing happened, just endless time only with Thorn. No one said anything since I told her about the letter. Sometimes we would stare at each other and sometimes we wouldn't even pick our heads up, others one would just stare at the other. Nothing happened for two days. There was no food or water. The only light was the hole I made, for Teal, when I lived here. Today it rained and we were so happy. I dug out Teal's bowl from it's hiding and filled it up and gave it to Thorn. I dug me a hole for the water to fall in for me to drink. 

It has been ten days since we have been here. After that one day of rain there was no more. We were growing weaker everyday. It was terrible. We laid there in our tinny cages. Then I heard paws walking on the rough ground. I picked my head up to look and saw a shadow of a wolf. I clawed Thorn and she looked up. The wolf came into view. He stared at us and we said nothing. He walked away and we lowered our heads. Then another wolf came in it was the one I think is the alpha. I look up and I see Thorn just laying there. I claw her again and she looks at me. I nod my head in the alpha's direction. She looked at him and they just stared at each other almost like they were rivals that go way back. She then looks at me to see what I do and I just stare back. Then we both stare at him. He looked back and forth between us. Then stared to Thorn again. She stared back and it was like an endless staring competition between the two with me as the judge. He stared at me then he opened his mouth like he was going to say something then closed it. He said something to one of the other wolves then left. All of the other wolves followed and we were left alone again. I go over to the corner were I could speak with Thorn and it would still be quiet. 

"I am tired of this place, and I know a way out, but I don't know if we should." I said.

She stared at me then said, "I know you want to get out of here as much as I do... But I don't think we should."

"Why?"

"The way the alpha looked at me, I don't think we would get far even if we could get out of these cages."

"Then why can't I leave then come back for you with 'your pack' and save you?"

"Why don't you just leave and don't come back for me."

"Why don't you want me to come back for you?"

"Too dangerous."

"That is what your job is."

"Yeah, my job not yours."

"But we are friends and friends do things out of their way to help their friends."

"If you come back they will kill you."

"You don't know that and they might kill you."

We laid there in silence. I thought I should ask her about the leader. So I decided to ask her.

"So do you know the leader?" I asked.

"I don't, but he looked like he knew me." She said. 

Then he came in again. He stared at us and we stared back. We sat there for what felt like hours. Then finally he spoke.

"Who are you both?" He asked.

I stared at Thorn and she stared at me. Then Thorn decided to speak.

"Who are you and why are we here?" She asked and you could tell she wasn't going to tell him and I know I wasn't going to talk. 

"How about if you answer my question I will answer both of your questions."

Thorn looked at me and I looked at her. She knew I wasn't going to say anything.

"Fine, I agree."

"What about her?" He pointed to me with his nuzzle.

"She doesn't talk." as she said that he nodded. 

I looked at her and she looked at me. We just stood there staring at each other. Saying nothing just staring and not even looking at him. Then we turn to him and we stand there now staring at him.