The Kids

We saw the kids that live near the forest walk into the house. They were running and screaming throughout the house. They came back outside but this time with what looked like guns but I couldn't be sure because they didn't really look like actual guns. We watched them play from the forest line like mothers watching over their pups. We stood there and watch for what felt like a few second before one of them glanced over and saw us watching them. 

Winter backed up in fear but I stood there knowing they were nice kids because they have played with Teal and I. The kids ran over and Winter ran behind a tree hiding from the kids. They stopped in front of me and ruffled my fur and then smoothed it back out. They walked over the Winter who was still a little scared. They ran their fingers through her fur and pulled out a stick that was by the tree. 

I watched as the little boy and Winter played fetch with the tiny stick. Then the girl brought me one too. Both of us were happy and it felt wonderful to have friends. We played for about 30 minuets before hearing a car pull up. I didn't know or care so we continued playing. Then someone yelled. 

"Elly .... Sam..." The person called out.

They looked at each other and raced out of the forest to a mother that was at the forest line. They hugged and went inside their old looking white house. As they were walking Elly and Sam were telling their mother all about their adventure with us. I sat down and smiled for a while. I watched as they walked away. After they were out of sight I was still staring lost in thought. Thinking of my own friends and family who cared about me. 

After a while in thought I was startled by Winter who was trying to get me out of thought.

"Sorry. What do you want to do now?"I asked not for sure if I wanted this day to end.

"Let's just call it a day and rest." She said as we walked back to my place.

"Okay. Let's go. I'll race you."

"You're on. Prepare to eat my dust."

"In your dreams."

"On three."

"One.... Three!" I said as I ran off.

"You cheater!"

We ran off not paying attention to the world,

Never stopping,

Never wanting to stop, 

As the day came to an end.