Winter

After I woke up I saw Teal up and ready to play. I told her that I couldn't play because I needed to find Winter before anyone else did. Teal nodded and I went to the front of the den. I told Teal I would bring her something when I get back and she had leaves from the other day. Right before I was about to leave Teal followed me out the den. She told me she wanted to come with me. I told her it was too dangerous and she stayed there. After I made sure she would stay I left.

I was walking for about an hour when I finally saw Winter. She must have been really scared to run this close to the humans. I walked up quietly just in case but I made a little noise so she would know someone was here. When my shadow fell over the spot in the water she was looking at, she looked at me. I sat down enjoying the peace of the river. She got up and walked to my side. I told her everything that happened.... even between Thorn and I. 

I told her what was special about the river. I told her why we called it Peace River and how it got its name. She looked passed the willow tree and the house of the humans that lived nearby. She wondered why humans lived so close to the river but all I knew was that the family that lived there loved the forest.

Winter stood up after I was finished talking and she moved over to the forest line. I followed her and saw that there was no humans there today so we walked out of the forest line looking at all of their stuff. We sniffed around for a while with all of the mixed smells that we could smell outside of the forest. I sat down taking in all the smells and sounds. It felt peaceful like the river....until I heard the horns of something big. I looked over at Winter who was also disturbed by the noise. We ran for the forest before what we heard got here.

After we ran past the forest line we looked back at the house. We walked as close as we could bear. Winter pointed at the glimpses of yellow through the trees. I saw them too as it got closer. There were little people running into the house. I dared myself to go out but I couldn't do it.  I didn't want to do it either.