richie tozier request - 6

// for the lovely EmmaRMay ! hope you like it! //
//also! if you guys see spelling mistakes in my writing or if i put the wrong name(which i do a lot with bill and ben) just tell me so i can change them! i greatly appreciate it!//

Your birthday had come and gone. You had just celebrated with your friends and you were all settling down. Most of the losers were laying on the floor, watching the random movie that played from the screen, settling into slumber.
You an Richie were sitting on the couch, his arm was around your shoulders You two weren't dating but he was very flirty with you, and you liked him, like a lot.
After the boring movie was over, you stretched, starting to get sleepy. You looked down at your friends on the ground, they were all asleep.
You glanced over at Richie who was staring at the tv with wide eyes. "Are you going to go to sleep?" You asked him, moving so you were facing him. "Yeah, i'm a minute, I want to give you your birthday present!" Richie exclaimed before running out of the room to grab his backpack. You raised an eyebrow. He had already given you a present when everyone else did. You shook your head and snuggled into the side of the couch, wrapping the blanket around yourself.
Richie quickly returned, jumping around so he wouldn't step on his friend's bodies. "Okay, okay. Here," He let out a breath and handed you an envelope. You raised an eyebrow at him but opened the envelope. A
small necklace fell out. You picked it up, there was a small [enter your birthstone] on a silver chair. Your eyes went wide. "Wow Richie, it's beautiful!" You whispered as to not wake up the other losers. "Yeah, read the note," Richie replied, rubbing the back of his neck. You glanced up at him, he was blushing. That made you smile slightly. You set the necklace on your leg and slowly pulled the note out.
'you tell yourself
you aren't good enough for a love like that
but you deserve it'
you stopped reading the poem for a second, looking up at the boy who was spilling his heart out for you. You looked back down.
'you deserve spending the rest of your life
with someone that loves the same music as you
that loves the rain just as much as you
who would make you coffee in the morning
and whisper i love you
that seems almost too impossible
but it would mean giving him your heart
because your heart is his whole world
you tell yourself
give love a try'
Your mouth hung agape. You were honestly speechless. Richie cleaned his throat and you looked up at him. "I... I, um..." He tried to get out. You had never seen the boy like this.
"I'm normally okay with girls, and I normally flirt with them, and you, but this is different. You mean a lot to me (y/n), all jokes aside," He told you, staring into your eyes. "I really like you too, Richie," You finally answered him. A small sigh left his lips.
"Oh thank god. Beverly helped me pick out the necklace and I didn't even write that poem, Ben found it in a book for me," Richie started rambling, but you cut him off. You pressed your lips to his gently. His eyes widened even more before he melted into it.
Your lips parted and you look at the boy in front of you who was beaming. "Wow," was all he said. You clasped the necklace around your neck and you both fell asleep together on the couch.

//hey idk who wrote the poem but if you do tell me!//