Acceptance

-Tsuna's POV-

It's been a month since the incident. The mansion was mostly rebuilt, except for the West wing which was the most badly damaged and also the parts where Hibari and Mukuro went on a rampage on.

I sat in my newly repaired office and stared at the pile of paperwork on my desk and sighed.
Ever since I officially became the Decimo, all I have been doing is sitting on this desk, doing paperwork. This must be the most exciting job the world. This must be why Nono was so happy to hand it over to me and went on his way to Hawaii for his long awaited holiday.

'He must be so relaxed right now. I wish I can go on a holiday. Is there even a day off for the Decimo?'

I sighed again and thought back to the fight with Pazzo. Hibari had found their hideout in just a week. He and Mukuro went without my orders and completely destroyed their famiglia in a day. There was no word of someone named Pazzo but my guess he's just someone they hired for manpower since their family's power was weak compared to Vongola's.

As for my classmates, I sent them back to Japan the very next day after the attack, not wanting to put them in anymore danger. The further they are from Vongola, the safer it is for them. They were all reluctant to but finally agreed when I promise that I'll be back to school soon. After all, I have to finish middle and high school first before I can fully take over Vongola. Right now, I have to work in between classes, going back and forth from Italy and Japan. Schools don't normally allow that, but Reborn have his ways and even Nezu-sensei have to abide by it.

Sure, it'll be easier to just go to school in Italy. But the others will sure to follow me and I did not want to drag them away from their homes. Especially Hibari, since Namimori Middle school is practically his home.

Speaking of which, we found Nezu-sensei unconscious in the toilet stalls after the attack. He was hiding there for safety but the stress of the whole situation made him pass out. He was lucky that someone found him, otherwise we would have never notice he was missing.

'Shoot!' I was too deep in my thoughts that I forgot that it was time to go. I ran out of the mansion to the car where the chauffeur was waiting. He drove me to the airport and when I got down, I noticed that everyone's already here.

"You're late omnivore."

"Juudaime!!"

"Yo Tsuna~"

"Bossu."

"Kufufufu~ You kept us all waiting Tsunayoshi."

"EXTREME!!"

"YAY!! We get to see Mamma again!"

Everyone greeted me with smiles (except for the usual two) and we board the plane back to Japan.

"Let's go everyone! Back to our home!"

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Instead of heading to our respective homes first, we found ourselves in front of the school. This place is where everything happened; the good and the bad. The battles we had, the blood that were shed and the laughter that we shared. Everything started here. Here was where we met, where we bonded and where our most fond memories lies.

'I'm so glad we're back here. But what would the others think?'

"Juudaime, aren't you going in?" Gokudera asked me with a puzzled look on his face. I stood outside my classroom door, afraid to enter. But then the door opened for me, revealing Yukari behind it. Her eyes lighted up when she saw me and she smiled.

"Tsuna!! You're back!!" She yelled and the class turned towards me. There was a few seconds of silence before the class erupts into cheers.

"Tsuna!!"

"Welcome back Decimo!!"

"We're glad you came back!"

I was speechless. I wasn't use to them treating me like this but maybe this isn't so bad. I step into the class but ended up tripping over my own feet, stumbling and falling flat on my face.

Soon everyone was laughing.

"Even as the Decimo, he's still the same old Tsuna."

"Glad you never change Tsuna."

Everyone was still laughing, but it wasn't the cold, mean laughter that they always give. This sounded different; warmer.

A hand reached out to me to help me up and I took it. Standing back up I saw that it was Mochida in front of me.

"Stop doing something so embarrassing. You're the Decimo right? So act like one!" He huffed.

"Thanks Mochida." I laughed, amused by his actions.

Everything is changing. I'm now the Decimo, I have my guardians by my side but I also gained some friends along the way. Unexpected friends in the strangest places. But I'm glad they are my friends nevertheless. These next few years would be interesting and fun, I just know it. Doesn't matter what life throws at me, I'm sure with my newfound friends and family, I can conquer anything that comes at me.

School ended and we walked out of school as a class. I never had so much fun in such a big group with everyone before so it's a first for me. My heart swelled with happiness at the sight of everyone's smiling faces.

The evening sky made me even more sentimental. Hanging majestically aboveall my friends, it painted a beautiful scene in front of me.

'This is what I want to protect and what I'll always fight to protect with my dying will.'

"Everyone." I called and they turned their attention to me.

I sweep a glance at everyone in the class, looking at them right in the eyes, took a deep breath and smiled.

"Thank you everyone."

END

END.