An Alternate Reality

Your P.O.V. -

It's been about a day since our battle with Lotor, and now, we're all hanging out in the bridge. All of us paladins were in our seats when a weird red signal popped up on the screen.

"What's going on?", Keith asked.

"Yeah, these have never gone off before," said Pidge.

"Allura, what is it?", Lance asked after noticing her terrified-like face.

"Can you explain this?", I asked.

"Looks like you guys just saw a ghost," Hunk commented.

"That's just the thing," Coran said as he kept his eyes glued to the screen. "It's an old Altean distress code. One used by King Alfor's ships."

"Could it be?", Allura asked. "Are we not the last Alteans alive?"

"Wait," said Keith. "What if someone's cloning the signal to try and lure us in?"

"The signal is from an Altean ship, and we're going to find it," Allura stated as she put her hands on the castle's stands and flew the ship through a wormhole.

On the other side of the wormhole, was some sort of debris around a giant, yellow circle which held some part of a random ship.

"That looks like a Tel-Galax exploration shuttle," Allura stated. "One of my father's deep space vessels."

"According to the ship's identification code," Coran said as he typed away on the controls. "...it's Commodore Trayling's ship. But I don't see any records of its destination or mission."

"What happened to it?", Lance asked.

"Is it stuck in a wormhole?", Hunk asked.

"But... that doesn't look like a wormhole," I said.

"Indeed. That's unlike any wormhole I've ever seen," said Coran.

"There's a massive amount of energy emanating from it, centered right where the ship is stuck," Pidge explained.

"We have to see if anyone is aboard," said Allura. "They may need our help."

"We could send a probe over to it," Pidge offered. "See if we can get some kind of idea what this thing is?"

"Do it," Keith demanded.

Pidge then sent out the blue probe to the 'wormhole'.

"The energy shows no signs of radioactive decay and it's not thermal," Pidge explained.

"It's not gravitational," said Hunk. "Our probe is steady on course, and the light is radiating out, not in, like it would in a black hole."

"But out from where?", I ask.

"That energy signature. I know it," said Coran. "It's radiating quintessence!"

Pidge then tried to fly that probe through the 'wormhole'. As it touched the light, it looked like it was going to make it, but when it got swallowed, it exploded.

"Ooh! That's weird," said Hunk.

"Okay, well, let's not go anywhere near there," Lance suggested.

"We must," said Allura.

"Did you not just see what happened?", I asked.

"Voltron's composition strength far exceeds anything else in this universe," Allura started. "We received an Altean distress call, which must mean that someone is alive on the ship. As Paladins of Voltron, it is our duty to help."