What was Never Told

Your P.O.V. -

The next day, Allura and Lotor stated that they were finally going to be testing the comet ship. And to test it, they're going to flying through the quintessence field. They arrived at their ship and steadily started it up. The rest of us watched from the bridge.

"Beginning system check," said Lotor. "Front and rear stabilizers."

"Front and rear stabilizers are go," Allura responded.

"Quintessence collection array."

"Quintessence collection array is go."

"Infracells."

"Infracells up."

"Dynotherms."

"Dynotherms connected."

"Switching on mega-thrusters."

"Mega-thrusters are go."

"...Okay," said Hunk. "I can't be the only one who sees that this is nuts, right? I mean, just getting in there is a long shot. Then they have to make it out again?"

"I agree with Hunk," said Coran. "This plan is a foolhardy and unnecessary risk."

"I don't know," said Pidge. "We've traveled through the quintessence field to another reality. This isn't just theoretical physics. Mathematically, we know it's possible."

"W-Well, it is hard to argue with," said Coran. "Believe me, I've tried."

"But even if they do reach the quintessence field, then what?" Lance asked. "The last time anyone got in there, it turned Zarkon evil."

"Lance makes a fine point! Take that, math!" Coran yelled.

"Zarkon fell prey to his own evil instincts," Shiro argued. "The quintessence field didn't create them, it revealed them."

"Well, then," I began. "Who's to say Lotor still isn't hiding some of his evil instincts?"

Everyone was silent, and I could tell they were a bit uneasy with what I said.

"Look, I know that we've been trusting him for a long time, but," I paused. "I feel like he had a huge personality change from when he fought to us to when he turned himself in. I can't be the only one who thinks that."

"...You're not," I heard Pidge.

Everyone was silent. Then, the comet ship took off and we watched it fly towards the quintessence field. Coran quickly popped up Allura's and Lotor's faces to speak with them.

"So, this is goodbye," said Coran. "For now."

"...Allura," Lance called.

"Yes, Lance?" she asked.

"Get back safe," he said.

"I will," Allura smiled.

They logged off.

"T-minus ten ticks to gate entry," said Coran. "Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one."

The entryway grew a bright blue before turning back to normal. We silently waited for them to tell us when they were going to be back when an alarm sounded.

"What is that?" Hunk asked.

"I've got an incoming craft," said Coran.

"Shields up," said Shiro. "And pull it up on-screen."

Coran pushed a button to allow us to see the craft up closer.

"That... That can't be," he said. "It's an Altean pod! A really old one!"