Family Decisions

Shiro's P.O.V. -

-Hours Earlier-

"My father has held the universe in a death grip for millennia," Lotor explained. "But he sees it slipping from his grasp because of your efforts and because of mine. With our forces combined, we would provide the greatest threat Zarkon has ever faced. He knows we could topple his empire, so this is his attempt to tear us apart. But united, we could forge a new path, open doors to new worlds and crush the tyrannical way of an old regime."

"A regime you ran," Pidge snapped. "We can't listen to him. He just wants to save his own skin."

"It's true," said Lotor. "If you return me to my father, he would surely see to my demise. And with his most legitimate threat to the throne removed, he would only grow stronger."

"One less threat to Zarkon and one less threat to us," Pidge glared.

Lotor glared back before turning to Allura.

"Your father, King Alfor, once stood side by side with Zarkon and protected the universe from harm. There was no foe the paladins of old couldn't defeat. Sadly, that time of peace has been lost, but, together, we can find it once more. Princess, imagine, a new generation that could lift the mantle of peace. The children of King Alfor and Emperor Zarkon, you and I, a royal alliance between Altean and Galra..."

Lance quickly jumped up to the glass, next to Allura.

"How 'bout we don't imagine that?" he yelled.

"Lies!" Pidge yelled. "Every word is a lie!"

"And what of Zarkon's words?" Lotor snapped. "You think he'll return your father as he says? You think the corrupted leader of a ruthless empire will be true to his word? He--"

"All of this coming from his own blood; and we're supposed to trust you?" (F/n) asked. "May I remind everyone, this is Pidge's father. Whether Zarkon keeps his word or not, we're getting him back."

"Zarkon will do anything to rid himself of me and claim the Lions of Voltron," Lotor continued.

"...An alliance with the heir to the Galra throne could end the war," Allura stated.

"What?" Pidge exclaimed.

Allura turned around to face her.

"It's not ideal," she said. "I don't like trusting the Galra, but it could be our best option."

"No!"

"Pidge, think of the lives we could save. Think of the countless worlds we could free."

"Think of my father!"

Lance slides of to Pidge.

"I'm with Pidge," he said. "Let's get this guy out of here, pronto. Right, Hunk?"

"..I don't know," he said. "I mean, if this dude, here, is on our side like he says he is--"

He turns to Lotor,

"You are saying you're on our side, right?"

Back to us,