let's all just take a moment to appreciate dan

so, for those of you who haven't seen dan's mental health vid, it's up here if you'd like to ^

dan suffers with depression, and the fact that he made a video about it just blows my mind. he's never really talked about that kinda stuff in detail, and i 100% respect that, being someone who doesn't like to talk about my problems. and all i can think about that he has kept all this stuff to himself for years and now he's letting it out slowly, reaching out to friends and family and getting help, which is not the easiest thing in the world to do. and on top of that, he makes a video, JUST SO WE KNOW THAT WE'RE NOT ALONE. it's incredibly sweet and kind and thoughtful of him, and i know that so many people who look up to him are going to really appreciate it.

he's grown so much as a person, and he seems like he's slowly accepting the things about himself that make him unique and different and cool. and that's all we need to do really. accepting yourself for what you are will definitely help you in the long run, and dan seems a lot happier and more comfortable than he did a few years ago.

i watched the liveshow after it was recorded and it was so nice to just lie in bed and listen to one of my favourite people talk about things we should all care about and consider important.

and he's fucking right, btw. you're not alone. no matter what you're going through, even if it seems like there's nothing you can do to fix it, there's always something you can do to make it better. if you're in a bad situation right now for whatever reason, be it family, friends, school or absolutely anything, or you're not feeling that great, just know that this is temporary. nothing this shitty can last forever, and you will get through whatever this is.