Lunch

Keith and Lance ended up texting the whole night. Talking about random things thats popped into their brains. Like moth man and what they think is out in the far reaches of the galaxies.

Kinda a wild thought, Keith Kogane texting Lance McClain all night. Not because he was gay but because he genuinely likes his company. It made him feel less alone.

But that's besides the point. Because right now, Keith is sitting at a lunch table with other people. He's not outside alone, he's not at home, he's not hiding somewhere . He's sitting with Lances friends.

And frankly they don't seem to like him.

"So uh- Keith.... play any sports?" The big one, also known as Hunk said while looking at him from across his seat. Desperately trying to get a conversation going at the painfully quiet lunch table.

"No."

Why does he care? He probably think im high or some shit.

"Okay okay. Like any bands?" He asked again, "you like bands... right?"

"Oh! Keith really likes this band called– like Hellers?" Lance interrupted as he sat down next to Keith with his lunch tray. His Lunch consisting of two pizzas, a water bottle and a cookie.

"Hellers? No its called Heathers. Its not a band." Keith grumbled as his eyes gazed over Lances tray. His stomach lurching slightly, as if reminding him that he hasn't eaten in 3 days.

"Heathers? Keith you listen to Heathers?" Pidge asked in surprise. Her eyes wide as she put her phone down.

Keith cleared his throat before speaking. "No-"

"Oh no he totally does. He told me last night that he liked the song 'Dead Girl Walking, Reprised'" Lance chimed pridefully. Like he'd get a reward for remembering.

A small chuckle escaped Pidges lips before she burst into laughter. Which caused Keiths face to twist as he felt anger bubble in his chest.

"You listen to Heathers! Thats fucking great oh my god!" She exclaimed.

Keith opened his mouth to quickly defend himself, but Lance spoke before him.
"Shes not making fun of you, its just kinda surprising. Thats all."

He glanced over to Lance. Their eyes locking. And it was a certain way that Lance looked at Keith that made him think,

Its gonna be okay.

He clearing his throat again before speaking.
"Laugh all you want Pigeon. Tell anyone and I'll tell the pigeon story to the whole school." He smirk curled into his lips as he spoke. It was meant as a joke, which he hoped she understood.

Pidge did freeze for a moment before her back straightened. "You just- you just made a joke!"

Hunks jaw also dropped. "I didn't think you were capable of that!"

"See! I told you hes a good person if you actually try to know him!" Lance said excitedly as he munched on one of his pizzas.

Lance thinks im a good person?

Pidge laughed softly again as she engaged into casual conversation with Hunk and Lance. Neither of them seemed to be as up tight anymore. Like they didn't fear if they said something bad Keith would kill them.
-
The conversation lasted a longer until it was just Hunk and Pidge arguing if Season 4 of Supernatural was better than Season 5.

"Here." Lance hummed as he slid over his extra pizza to Keith.

"What?" Keith mumble with a dumbfound expression as he looked to the pizza.

"Have it, I got it for you" he replied with before quickly changing the conversation to something about soccer.

But Keith kinda tuned that out. Instead he just looked at the food in front of him.

Its yours. Take it.

He wanted it. So, so badly. But for some reason he couldn't move his body to take it.

Just take it.

And with that, he took the pizza. Taking a hesitant bite before looking to Lance, who wore a wide smile as he kept blabbing on and on.

This wasn't that bad, maybe this was okay.

Things are gonna be okay.

Yall gonna love the next chapter
-chris