The Truth

He didn't know what to do. He was panicking. What could he say? What could he do to get out of this?

"Lance, im not being abused." He said sternly. Looking up to the taller male with narrow eyes. Trying to stop his body from shaking.

Lance let out a frustrated sigh as he shook his head.
"Why cant you trust me! Seriously Keith do you think im gonna hurt you? Do you think im gonna tell the whole school?"

"Yes,"

Lance froze. His eyes wide as he looked to the crying boy in front of him. Keith Kogane, was crying. Small tears rolling down his bruised porcelain cheeks.

"Everyone does. So why are you different? Huh? Why should I fucking trust you?!" Keith was getting mad, and he was getting mad rather quickly.  "Why should I believe that you, out of all people, isnt just gonna go blab to the whole fucking school about how 'Keith is abused' or how 'he was gone for 3 months because-'" He completely froze. His eyes wide.

He said it. He just told Lance.
Fuck.

Keith stared at Lance in horror. His eyes widened as he backed more against the wall. His fathers words ringing in his head again.

'If you tell anybody about your abusive dad im gonna fucking kill you!'

"Hey- Keith clam down," Lance said softly as he took a small step towards Keith. Reaching his hand out slightly.

"Dont touch me," Keith hissed out. But Lance ignored him.

Instead he gently grabbed Keith and pulled him into a hug. "Lance- I swear to god-" Keith said in a shaky voice as he tried to pull away.

But Lance didn't budge. Instead he held onto Keith. Gently rubbing his back to calm him. And to his surprise it was working.

"Its gonna be okay," he whispered softly. Keith kept trying to pull away, trying to get out of the others grasp. But oddly enough, he liked the feeling of Laced arms. It was comforting. It was the same comfort feeling he saw in Lances eyes or felt when they held hands. Slowly, he turned into Lances arm and hid his face in the others chest."You're not alone anymore,  I've got you."

Keith nodded as he swallowed thickly.
"I dont know what I did to deserve it..." he said in a small voice.

"You didn't do anything, you don't deserve this. You deserve better," Lance replied with. Moving over to sit in the bed while he kept Keith close.

Keith nodded again, unable to really form sentences at this point.

"Do you mind if I ask questions now?" Lance asked softly, and Keith nodded in response. "Im guessing all the bruises are from him?"

Keith nodded.

"Is he also the reason you're so... so skinny?"

"Hes doesn't feed me often... nor does he give me money to get food," Keith whispered in a shaky voice.

Lance nodded. His hand gently rubbing Keiths back as he rested his chin on his head.

"Are the... the cuts on your arms the reason you weren't at school? For three month?"

Keith froze, his face going more into Lances chest. He didn't answer, he just began crying more. And for Lance, those tears were an answer.

"Keith.... I dont want to see you hurting yourself anymore. You're beautiful. And to know that you hurt yourself is heart breaking. Yes your father is an asshole, but that doesn't mean you should hurt yourself,"

Lance thinks im beautiful?

"If- if im not hurting myself im hurting the others around me," Keith croaked out. Pulling away from Lance. Looking at him with a tear stained face and puffy eyes. "Do you not understand? I- i cant be beautiful, im ugly, im disgusting. Im a link in the worlds worst chain of people. Im littered with scars and bruises- how can you see that as beautiful? Im fucked up beyond comprehension." Keiths body began shaking more. More tears rolled down his face but he quickly wiped them away. He can be telling Lance this. "Im sorry- I should of never came."

"Keith dont say that-"

Keith stood up away from Lance, shaking his head slightly as he looked to the ground.
"Im sorry I came- i have to go." He mumbled before quickly leaving the room. He made it down the end of the hallway before he felt Lances hand on his wrist.

And the hold was used to turn him around and pressed him against the wall.

His violet eyes looked into ocean blue ones.

While they kissed.

;)
-chris