Karma X Reader

Over hundred years, Asmodian and Elyos have been opposing against each other ever since the Cataclysm. They blamed on each other with their own perception that they are the cause of the separation of two worlds and thus, growing more hatred towards each other. Elyos, the angelic looking race lived on the lower part while Asmodians, the demonic looking race lived on the upper part. But with the mysterious portal called Rift, it had been a gateway for both races to travel to between worlds. It did give advantages as it can be used to infiltrate the enemy's land and spied on them to gather information which was what you did now in the Elysea.
You were currently on mission to search for information where the Elyos hold the Asmodian captives. Honestly, it was your first time to travel to Elysea and you admit, their world feel so much better than yours.
Elysea was very bright and peaceful. Some creatures didn't even bother to attack you and even friendly. They even have cute animals which seriously if you could bring them home, you would. Unlike your place where it was always dark and everywhere you could just feel the hostility from the creatures. In other words, your place was like testing your survival skills. If you're weak, you die. Simple as that. But even so, that doesn't mean you could let down your guard because of how peaceful in here.
You were walking around in the forest, trying to find a way to get out from here since there was nobody in here to threaten until suddenly, you spotted an Elyos who was sleeping under the tree.
You were startled and slightly jerked back but quickly returned to your composure. To think there was an Elyos here, now you just hope that he knew where they hold the captives. If he didn't, then his life ends here. Sad but that's how it is. You decided to approach him slowly and hold your dagger on behind your back. In the meantime, you also examined his appearance since it was your first time to see an actual Elyos. So this guy had red hair, white skin, and his hands looked different unlike yours where they looked sort of like claws. His figure seems slender unlike Asmodian where many guys were kinda buff or just.... Big. He looked sort of cute too though... Hold on a sec, he's an enemy (Name) get a grip!
You shook your head and took a breath before suddenly, as quietly while also quickly, you dashed forward and was about to attack when suddenly, the guy sneak his hand behind his back and in a flash threw a knife towards you. You turned your body to dodge the knife and smirked at how he just miss. But when you turned to see the guy, he already disappeared.
"What the?!" You thought but then you felt someone appeared behind you and you quickly turned around to attack when he just grabbed both your arms and pushed you down to the ground, pinning you as his body hovered above you. The dagger flew out of your hand, much to your dismay.
"Well would you look at that. An Asmodian coming alone to Elysea" The guy smirked and talked in your language which made you look surprise.
"You can speak our language?"
"Well yeah, I've been to your place after all. But I never encounter one in here. You're the first Asmodian that I meet in here. Congratulation! You should be proud" He then changed into an innocent smile.
"You've been to our place?!" You widen your eyes before glaring at him and started squirming to get off from him "Anyway, seriously get off me! You know this is a very uncomfortable position right now"
"Eh really? Or you're actually secretly enjoy it?" He leaned closer and smirked which made you blush furiously.
"Hell no! Seriously your mind is screwed up!" You retorted and tried to kick him off but his legs locked your movement. Now you were completely vulnerable against "It's really entertaining to see your suffering face you know that" He chuckled.
You clicked your tongue and looked away "Tch, Elyos really are wolves in sheep clothing huh"
"What? Is that how you think of us?" The red haired laughed until suddenly, he sensed something approaching which made him quickly get off and dragged you to hid behind the nearby tree.
"Lepharists huh... And there are several of them. Why are they here anyway?" He mumbled.
"You're weird, why aren't you just left me there and let them kill me?" You raised an eyebrow which he looked at you as if you are an idiot.
"No way. I'm not gonna let lepharists to kill my prey"
"Prey? Excuse me? I'm not a prey okay? How dare you say that I'm a prey!" You growled and he quickly closed your mouth.
"Shut up or they'll hear us"
You grabbed his hand off and glared at him "So what now? Just let them be here?"
"Well yeah, they're not my business so I don't really care" He shrugged and grabbed your hand before dragging you away until you decided to halt.
"Dude, I think we should fight them. We can't just let them hang around here. They're the-"
"What's this? An Asmodian's dagger?" One of the lepharists said as she picked up the dagger and examined it.
"I found an Elyos's knife here too" Another lepharist said as he took out the knife that stuck on the tree.
You flinched and turned around "Oh no, I forgot about that! We're going to defeat them and take my dagger back"
He looked at you incredulously "No way, dude you can just buy a new one"
"Hey! I'm the only that can use dude and I'm not even a dude! And no, I can't... This dagger is special to me so... I can't abandon it! If you wanna go then go, I'm doing this myself!" You huffed and he sighed in exasperation.
"Fine then, I guess I have to take back my knife too. So just stay here and I'll take them okay?"
"Hah? Why would you go yourself? I'm going to!" You protested and again, he looked as if you're an idiot.
"Duh, you have no weapon. Are you going for a suicide? I'm experienced in handling a number of people so leave it to-"
Suddenly, you raised your hands and pretended as if you were creating something while chanting and when you finished chanting, you raised your hand up and a blue, lion like creature appeared next to you.
"You're a spirit master?" The guy looked surprised and you gave a cocky grin. "You think I just have a dagger as my weapon? Of course not idiot! My true job is a spirit master and well using dagger is just something that I learned just in case if I couldn't use my spirits. Man, your face is priceless! You think I'm some kind of weak girl but I-"
"Well, we use your spirit to distract some of the lepharists to lessen the number which would be much better and then beat the rest of them anddd take the dagger alright?"
"Oi! Ugh you Elyos are so rude!" You grumbled "But fine, let's go with your plan"
You commanded your spirit to go which took some of the lepharists' attentions and it quickly ran away to let them chased it. The leader seems to let a few to guard him since he thought maybe there was still some people around here waiting to ambush them. The Elyos smirked and threw a smoke bomb which create a cover for him to attack as he quickly withdraw his twin daggers behind his back. You could hear several screams and slashes in a matter of second.
"This guy is seriously terrifying. Elyos are indeed wolves in sheep clothing. Which part is angelic from that?" You thought and the smoke screen started to fade which lead to him and two lepharists and their leader.
He grinned devilishly as he dashed forward in an instant and attack the two of them quickly but the leader of course, was tougher than them. The leader was more skilled than his subordinates and since his body was pretty much buffer, his power was of course stronger than him. However despite that, somehow he managed to weaken the leader since he was master in speed compare to the lepharist. As expected from someone who took an assassin job.
However, the leader suddenly shouted to call his subordinates. To think there were still more lepharists hidden in the forest. Two shamans appeared with their bodyguards.
The shaman began chanting to attack him while the bodyguards tried to attack him to buy some times. He managed to defeat them however, the chant finished and two fireballs flew towards him. You would think that he couldn't have time to dodge it and yet he did and killed those shamans.
"Dang is he even a human?" You sweatdropped. However, the leader took this chance to sneakily attack him.
"Tch, he still manage to move with those wounds?" He clicked his tongue and turned around to block when suddenly, a strong fireball appeared and hit the leader "Phew, that was close" You walked to the scene with ease as if nothing ever happened and took your dagger and his knife.
"Here is your knife" You said as you threw him the knife.
"Wow attacking on the last minute huh? Were you too scared that you just attacked on last minute?" He tilted his head upward a bit, showing the condescending attitude to you.
"Excuse me? You should be grateful that I helped you from getting injured okay? And I have a reason for not attacking to preserve the mana since I had to make sure the spirit could get away as far as possible and not to mention, if the spirit got attacked and it had to defend itself, more mana needed for that" You explained and sheathed your dagger.
"Blah blah blah, whatever, I don't even ask for help. Well anyway, we completed our mission so we should escape before they come back" He said and started running away which in annoyance, you followed him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Well this is pretty far already" He said and looked around to see if it's really safe while you were slightly panting.
"Dammit assassins with their speed" You muttered and glared at him.
"Well you're just a slowpoke. Oh wait, Asmodians are weak! Sorry I forgot that" He smiled innocently, making few veins appeared on your forehead. This guy is seriously annoying!
"Anyway, our business is not over yet" He smirked as he started to approach you. You flinched and took out your dagger. You wanted to summon your spirit but chanting takes time so it would be impossible to do.
"You're going to kill me aren't you? But I won't let that happen. I have a mission to do" You frowned and guarded yourself with your dagger.
"Well not really" He shrugged and smiled "Actually, I'm curious of why are you here so, I want to hear that from you"
"No way I'm telling you" You took a step back and glared. "Besides, even if I did manage to make him tell me, I'm not sure I can kill him. If he manages to run away and spread the news that Asmodians are going to free the captives, I'm dead"
"Then, you don't mind if I kill you here right?" His smile turned into a devilish smirk as he took out his daggers.
You gulped and bit your lips but you did prepare for that since you rather die than betraying your own kind. You gripped your dagger tighter and looked at him with determined look "I rather fight you and died nobly than telling my mission to you" He blinked his eyes before suddenly laughing which made you look oddly at him "Man, serious face really doesn't suit you"
You gritted your teeth and snapped at him "Shut up! Ugh are you always think I'm like a clown or something? I'm just like an entertainment to watch on?"
"Yeap!" He smiled brightly that bright aura appeared behind him.
"You...." You trembled in anger as you clenched your fists.
"Maa maa, calm down. I bet you come here to search for information right? Or else you wouldn't be here alone. You know I may have the information you need" He sheathed his daggers back and smiled "So, why don't you just tell me why are you here?"
"Nuh uh! Not telling!"
He sighed "I thought threatening to kill you will make you spit it out but I guess that doesn't work. Come on, just tell me. Don't be shy~"
"No way, if I tell you, I bet you would spread the news to the others. I can't let that happen!"
"Then kill me. Easy right? Or don't tell me... You think that you can't kill me huh? That's why you don't even bother to ask for information from me"
You flinched and a blush creeped to your face "S-Shut up!"
The guy laughed so hard that he started clutching his stomach "I knew it. Man you're easily predicted you know that? But I would do that too if I can so you made a right choice. That is, if the enemy will do that" He stopped laughing and smirked.
"What do you mean?" You blinked your eyes in confusion.
"I'm not gonna tell a soul about your mission so don't worry!" He smiled innocently.
It took some time for you to process his words until you snapped at him "Hah?! You think I'm gonna believe you that easily?! Don't joke around!"
"I'm serious! I won't spread it alright?" You eyed him suspiciously "Then why? Why won't you tell them if you found out about my mission? What if your race lose because of this?"
He just shrugged "Well that wouldn't be happening but if that happened well of course I would have some regrets on me"
"See? Then you shouldn't-"
"Trust me. I won't tell a soul about this. At least this would repay the debt that I owe to a guy in Asmodae. I hate owing someone you see"
You widen your eyes and decided to ask "You befriended someone at Asmodae?"
"Not really a friend but... That guy was a weird one you see. He saved me even though I actually can handle myself. And he even taught me his language although I was impressed that he could speak our language though" He explained and scratched his nape of the neck "But anyway, I owe him and since I haven't paid any visit to Asmodae again, I didn't get any chance to do so that's why I thought about helping you at least"
You paused for a while to mulled for a decision before finally, you decided to ask him since his explanation sounds convincing to you "Alright fine, I need to know where the Asmodian captives are held. Can you tell me where?"
He blinked his eyes before chuckling which made you growl at him "Ah that huh"
"So? Do you know or not?"
"Of course I know. It's in Abyss. You could go to the Sulfur Archipelago and well just search for the prison. I can't tell about the exact location so good luck" He smirked.
You blinked your eyes and tilted your head "Is that it?"
"That's it. What? You want to ask more?"
"No it's just.. You're so relax about this. You don't even show any hesitation"
He chuckled and smiled "Why should I? Well I'm pretty sure our guards will defeat your troops though and if they do manage to escape, we just have to capture them back right?"
You sweatdropped and sighed "You're really twisted you know that? Is this how Elyos people are like?"
"Well at least we're not stupid like you people" He laughed and grinned.
"What was that-"
"But one thing for sure, you two are surely idiotic but seriously, you don't even think twice abut race when someone's in danger huh?"
You flinched and looked away "Well, my body just move on their own and you did help me to retrieve to the dagger so... You can say it's a payback?"
He chuckled and smirked "Well anyway, you should go back now. You got your information and I have to head back too"
"Ah yeah that's right" You nodded "Well umm... Thank you for the information and your help to take my dagger back..."
He chuckled "It's nothing. And btw, it's really late but we really haven't even introduced each other huh" You blinked your eyes and giggled which was sort of cute according to him "Well we are enemies so why would we introduce ourselves? But I guess I don't mind now. I'm (Name), I'm not sure if we meet again next time but I won't forget that arrogant attitude of yours"
He smirked slightly "(Name) huh. I'm Karma. Well make sure you remember that in your tiny brain"
You widen your eyes and pouted "Hey! Seriously that attitude piss me off. And what's with that name anyway? Karma?"
"Yeap. It's a good name right?" Karma chuckled.
You sweatdropped "Uhuh... Right. Well anyway, I guess I will be going now"
"Ah yeah... Alright then" Karma said "And hey..."
"Yeah?"
"Well... I guess thanks for assist before. Even though I don't need your help of course but not saying thank you to you would be rude" Karma looked away slightly as pink hues slightly appeared on his cheeks and scratched his cheek.
You blinked your eyes and giggled "Geez, you don't sounds so sincere about it. But well it's okay" You stopped giggling and smiled "Your welcome Karma. And again Goodbye!"
Karma widen his eyes and you started to walk away. He smirked and walked on the opposite direction "(Name) huh.... Such an interesting Asmodian..."

This is for yuni_ka_gimsu29 thank you for the help for this chapter 😄😄😄.