Chapter VII

Tremaine tapped his fingers against the arm of his chair impatiently as he sat in the main office of Douglas Elementary School. Heaven, dressed in her brand new school dress and an expensive pair of diamond earrings to stunt on the other kids, was fast asleep on his lap, which was to be expected since they'd been sitting there for nearly two hours. After spending half of the time signing an abundance of papers and carrying out other necessities, they still had to wait for Heaven's old school in Georgia to fax over her records.

"Mr. Zarell?"

Tremaine looked up when he heard someone call his name. He stood up, careful not to wake Heaven, and put out his hand for the woman approaching him to shake. "That's me, ma'am. Hopefully, you're coming to tell me that those papers finally came through."

"In fact, I am. My name is Vivian Fields, and I'm the principal of this school. Follow me, please." Tremaine took note of both her flirtatious voice and the bedroom eyes she was giving him before she turned around and began walking. He shook his head and followed her to a small room in the corner of the office. She stepped aside so that he could go inside, and then she closed the door behind him and took a seat behind her desk. "So, Mr. Zarell-"

"Mr. Zarell was my father. Tremaine is fine with me. Unless you're into that type of stuff. I'll play along, baby."

The color drained from Ms. Field's face, and she suddenly felt embarrassed by the fact that Tremaine had read her so easily. She'd been trying to keep her sinful thoughts of lust in her mind since he walked into her school, just like every other woman that had seen him was trying to do. He was unusually attractive, and his thuggish aura only drew her to him more, even though she had long since sworn off of having any type of a relationship with a criminal. The one sitting across from her was one more Southern-drawled word away from getting it right there in that office.

She cleared her throat and picked up a stack of papers off of her desk. She flipped through the papers for a few seconds, and then she looked up at Tremaine. "Mr. Zarell, we were able to get everything from her other school. She's already in the system. Now, all I need from you is a copy of her birth certificate and some proof of residency."

"Is there any way that you can put her in school today without it? I can have both of those things to you by tomorrow."

"I'm sorry, but I can't-"

"You sure? There's absolutely no way at all?" Tremaine's eyes moved from Ms. Field's average face down to her D-cup breasts, and then to his own crotch. He thought that she was pretty, but she wasn't his type. But since he couldn't move the way he wanted to with Heaven by his side all the time, he was willing to give her what she wanted to get what he wanted. "I think we can reach some type of an agreement. Don't you?"

Ms. Fields began to grow uncomfortable under his intense glare. "Mr. Zarell, if you're under the impression that I'm interested in sleeping with you-"

"I didn't think that at all, Ms. Fields. You're obviously a classy lady. I wouldn't expect you to sleep with strangers, no matter how attractive you find them. I'm just hoping you think I'm handsome enough to put my baby girl in school today without a birth certificate. Like I said, I'll have it to you by tomorrow. Be honest with me, Ms. Fields. Am I that handsome?"

Ms. Fields hesitated for a moment, and then she turned towards her computer and typed something into it. "Heaven's teacher's name is Mrs. Carter-Brown. I'll show you to her room." She stood up and walked out of the office.

Tremaine smirked and woke Heaven up. "Rise and shine, baby. You're going to class." He placed her on her feet and handed her the Gucci backpack he'd had made for her a couple of days before. He grabbed her small hand and followed Ms. Fields out of the door. He trailed closely behind her, watching her plump bottom switch from left to right as she navigated through the hallways, scolding a few stray kids in the process. Two minutes after leaving the office, she pushed the door of a classroom open and stepped into the room, motioning for Heaven and Tremaine to do the same.