three!

THREE

The next morning, Levi woke up with her heart in her throat, remembering the commitment both her and Hannah had made with their new friends. Why the fuck did she agree? Jesus Christ, now she was going to have to be half-naked in front of a bunch of pre-pubescent boys who couldn't keep their eyes to themselves.

Quickly turning her head to her right, her gaze landed on the mattress on the floor, where Hannah was cocooned in a mess of sheets. Sighing through her nose, Levi stuck her right foot out from her warm bed and nudged Hannah's legs.

"Hannah," She whispered harshly, rolling her eyes when her friend merely groaned in her sleep, "Hannah."

"Mhm," Hannah's head lifted slightly from where it was resting on her arm, eyes squinted, "What?"

"Get up," Levi answered, sitting up on her bed and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, grinding her teeth out of frustration when Hannah let out a small noise of disapproval and let her head drop, her eyes closing. "Hannah, I'm serious!"

"Nm- Alright, alright!" Hannah sprang up as Levi started whacking her with her pillow, looking up at her friend with a frown, "Why the fuck are you waking me up at," There was a pause as Hannah looked up at Levi's digital clock, "Nine in the morning?"

Letting out another sigh, Levi jumped off her bed and stepped over Hannah, who protested loudly until she was shushed abruptly. "We have the Quarry today, you dumbo."

"Quarry? What Qua- Oh! The Quarry!" Hannah's eyes grew wide, and she stood quickly, her mouth slightly agape as she too remembered the promise they had made the day before, "The things your fucking big mouth and impulse gets us into, Levi Johnston!"

"I'm sorry, okay?! It's just...He was looking at me and I was looking at him and then Bill asked and I had to say yes. And now we're going to have to be half-naked in front of a bunch of boys who are just starting puberty because my freaking crazy hormones got the best of me. But thank God Beverly's going to be there!" Levi heaved, her cheeks red as the words she had just said registered in her mind, "Ah, shit!"

"Did I just hear you say 'He was looking at me and I was looking at him' or am I going insane?" Hannah raised her brows, a smirk taking over her lips as she looked at her friend, who had become a blushing mess. She knew exactly who this 'he' was and she was about to have a field day with that phrase.

"Definitely going insane. You poor thing. I always knew this would happen someday, but I never thought it would happen this early." Levi placed a hand on Hannah's forehead, shaking her head forlornly.

"Holy shit, you did! There's a boy that makes big, bad Levi's heart jump and I know who he is!" Hannah exclaimed in a sing-song voice, dodging the playful punch Levi sent her way. "And his name starts with an S and ends with an N-"

"Okay, that's enough from you!" Levi slapped a hand over Hannah's mouth, who giggled and wiggled her brows. "I barely know him! And like you're one to talk, Hannah from Art."

Hannah tensed up, her cheeks burning bright. Thinking quickly, she licked a stripe up Levi's hand, which was still over her mouth, laughing loudly when the Johnston girl pulled back and let out a disgusted noise.

"Jesus, Han! You animal!" Levi pushed her friend's shoulder, rolling her eyes as she wiped her hand on her pajama shirt.

Hannah shrugged unashamedly, hopping off her makeshift bed and making her way towards her backpack, which held her clothes for the day. "Come on, it's nearly ten. Let's get ready."

"Okay, mom." Levi laughed as Hannah bumped her hips against hers.

--