sixteen!

(  WARNING:

cursing, mentions of decapitated, floating heads, mentions of blood, and other gruesome things. if any of these things trigger you, please do not read on. your health is more important than this book. )

SIXTEEN!

The further Levi ran, the higher the level of the grey water beneath her rose and the stronger it's stench became. It took all of her strength to not gag as she listened to the water swish around her ankles as she turned in a circle, looking for signs of the Uris boy. 

"Stan!" She yelled out his name, her throat already becoming raw from all the strain she had put on it in such a short span of time. "Stanley!"

"Levi!" Hannah's voice called out, making the Johnston girl turn just in time to see the rest of the Losers stumble into the sewers. "Are you crazy?! You can't just run off like tha-"

A shrill, bone-rattling scream interrupted her words, making the group tense up as their eyes widened, all of them jumping to the same conclusion, looks of complete horror passing through their faces as they started to run once again, Levi taking the lead. 

"Stan!" Eddie screamed, his voice drowned out by the horrifying sounds of pain and fear echoing through the sewers. 

Levi's heart pounded in her chest, her blood running cold every time Stan's screams reached her ears; she should've protected him, should've taken care of him better. God only knew what that fucking clown was doing to him and there was nothing she could do to help him except call out his name and hope they all found him in time. 

Bill's flashlight shining upon a rusted door in front of them was what broke her out of her thoughts; they all surged forward, taking hold of the handle and turning it, pushing until the door gave way and they all toppled into the space behind it. 

"Stan!" Levi called out, pushing past her friends, her eyes frantically searching the area until they landed on a flashlight. Stanley's flashlight. Her heart dropped as she moved towards it, flinching slightly when Eddie beat her to it, taking the object in his hands and shining it's light everywhere until they landed on two bodies, eliciting a scream from the group. 

Stan's body lay shaking on the wet floor, a gargantuan creature hunched over his face, looking up and revealing it's hideous face and multiple rows of sharp teeth once it noticed the light; the creature released Stan, who gasped for breath, and hissed at the children, who stepped back and screamed in fear once again, before slinking into the darkness of the sewers, reappearing as Levi began to move forward, this time in the form of the clown and giving the Losers a sadistic smile before disappearing once again. 

After a few tense seconds, the group surged forward, exclamations of worry slipping past their lips in a flurry of loud words. 

Levi fell to her knees next to Stan, wrapping her arms around his trembling shoulders as he sat up and bringing one hand to the back of his head, not caring that the fabric of her shirt was being stained with tears and blood. Stan sobbed into her shoulder for a few moments before harshly pushing her away, making Levi's chest tighten as tears began streaming down her face. 

"You left me!" Stan screamed at his friends. "You aren't my friends! You left me!" 

"Stanley, no!" Bill tried. 

"We didn't leave you!" Eddie added. 

"You made me go! You made me come here!"Stan shook his head, bringing his knees to his chest, his sobs becoming louder as he struggled to believe his friend's words.