five!

( WARNING:
mentions of blood and death.
if any of these things trigger you, please do not read on. your health is more important than this book. )

FIVE

Levi laughed loudly as Stan took a sip from her cherry slushie, scrunching his nose up in disgust, sticking his tongue, which was now a strange mix of deep blue and red, out to emphasize his distaste for the treat. 

"It isn't that bad, you drama queen!" Levi shoved the curly haired boy's shoulder gently, retrieving her slushie from his grip and setting in on the counter before lifting the straw of his drink to her lips, sighing dramatically, "My turn, I guess." 

With that, Levi sucked on the straw, cringing as the bitter taste of blueberry filled her mouth. "Jesus, how can you drink this?!" 

Stan laughed and shrugged in response, taking back his slushie and smiling happily as he drank from it. Levi followed his actions, picking her cup from the counter and pressing her lips to the straw, her eyes never leaving Stanley's face and the tiny smile that adorned it. 

"You do know that you two just indirectly kissed, right?" Richie's voice made the pair jump, causing the bespectacled boy to let out a loud chuckle. 

"Shit, where the fuck did you come from?" Levi exclaimed, holding her head, which pounded with the beginnings of a brain freeze. 

"Well, one night, my mom and my dad decided that they were both too horny and then they started kissing, which then led to the bedroom and—" Richie was interrupted by a slap on the back of the head from Levi, "Ow!"

"That's not what I meant, you wastoid," Levi rolled her eyes, sharing a look with Stan before turning back to look at Richie, whose eyes were darting back and forth between the pair. "And, no, we didn't."

"Sure, Johnston. Whatever you say," Richie chortled, teasingly nudging Levi with his elbow, his laughter growing when he noticed how the girl's cheeks were practically burning up. Levi went to slap Richie again, only for the boy to move away this time. 

"What do you want, Richie?" Stan asked, quirking a brow at his boisterous friend, a little annoyed that he had interrupted his and Levi's conversation. 

"Does anyone of you have a quarter? I'm nearly out." The Tozier boy reached into his pockets, showing his two friends the limited amount of coins he had left. 

"I think I have some left," Levi furrowed her brows, trying to recall the number of quarters she had brought with her in her back pocket, extending her slushie to Stan, "If you would be so kind as to hold this, dear Stanley."

Stan obliged, despite being quite aware that there was a counter next to them. He reached for the cup, taking it in his grip and pulling back quickly when his fingers brushed Levi's, a surge of electricity traveling up his arm, making the hairs at the back of his hand stand on end. 

"Aha!" The girl exclaimed as she pulled her hand out of her pocket, more than a couple of quarters in her fist. "Here, you can have them all, Rich. I have more at home and I'm trying to get rid of them." 

Richie beamed, accepting the quarters and throwing an arm around Levi's shoulders, squeezing her tightly before running off to continue to waste his life away by playing Dragon's Lair. "Thanks, dude!"

Levi laughed as she watched the energetic boy scamper off into the maze of video games and turned back to face Stan, who extended her slushie back to her. 

"Thank you, Stan." Levi clumsily curtsied, her heart beating fast as Stan laughed lightly, a pink blush dusted over Stanley's cheeks. A soft smile grew on Levi's lips, desperately wanting to hear that sound forever.