seven!

SEVEN 

JULY 4th, 1989
DERRY, MAINE

Levi put her foot down as she shoved her bike's front wheel into a free slot in the bike rack, turning to give Hannah a toothy grin of triumph as the Jameson girl stuck her tongue out at her. 

"You're just a sore freaking loser, Han." Levi rolled her eyes, hopping off her bike and looking over Hannah's shoulder as a ruckus of voices reached her ears. Her smile grew wider as she spotted the familiar head of curly hair, followed by a shorter figure in a blindingly pink Hawaiian shirt. "There they are!"

Hannah rolled her eyes and smirked as she spotted the goofy grin plastered on her best friend's lips, an action that caused Levi to swat her shoulder as she turned around.

"Evening, lady," Richie greeted, using his horrible British accent as he tipped his head at Levi before turning to Hannah and letting out a noise that sounded like a poor attempt at an impersonation of Chewbacca. 

"Fuck off, Richie." Hannah shoved the shorter boy's shoulder, glaring at him as he let out a loud laugh. 

"Hey." Stan smiled at Levi as Richie and Hannah walked ahead of them, involved in a very heated discussion about Star Wars. Levi returned the smile, knocking her shoulder against his playfully. 

"Hey, you." She scrunched her nose up adorably and Stan felt his heart go 'Oh'. His hand twitched at his side, every nerve in his body just begging to feel the warmth and softness of her palm against his again. "Pretty hot today, isn't it?"

"Mhm," Stan hummed distractedly, his eyes roaming over her profile. A loud shout from in front of them made him jump out of his trance. 

"Jesus fuck, Richie! How dare you say that Luke should've gone to the Dark Side! Are you stupid?" Hannah flailed her hands, giving Richie a wide-eyed look as she furrowed her brows. Richie just quirked the corners of his lips up, containing a laugh. 

"Not again," Levi groaned, running a hand through her short hair before she spotted the rest of their friends just a little ways away, surging forward to grab Hannah's shoulder before the girl could open her mouth once more to continue the argument. "Hey, guys!"

As soon as Hannah turned her head to spot her friends, her eyes widened and a blush grew on her cheeks. "You didn't hear any of that, did ya?"

"Oh, we did." Mike chortled from beside Ben, who had a huge smile on his face. Beverly just shook her head, a fond grin playing on her lips as she looked at the brown-haired girl. 

"You like Star Wars?" Ben asked, a hopeful tone in his voice as he looked up at Hannah. 

"Like it? I love it, dude!" Hannah exclaimed, laughing loudly when Ben fist pumped before he extended his hand out for a high-five. 

After that, the group fell into a leisurely walk full of avoiding bumping into sweaty adults and crying children. Beverly and Hannah branched off once they spotted the ice-cream truck, yelling out that they would join them later before running off. Richie also wandered away from the group, a devilish smile on his face as he walked over to a member of the marching band; Eddie ran after him to make sure he didn't get his ass handed to him. 

"Fucking hell, guys. Are we really gonna keep walking until the parade begins?" Levi groaned, fishing a hair-tie out of her pockets and pulling her shoulder-length hair up into a low, frizzy ponytail. 

"We could go back to the field and sit there for a while- Bill?" Mike called out when he noticed the lanky boy wasn't walking with them anymore. He looked back to see him standing at the entrance to an alleyway, a distant expression on his face.