thirteen!

( WARNING:
this is actually a pretty chill chapter. cursing and mentions of Pennywise and other such things. if any of these things trigger you, please do not read on. your health is more important than this book. )

THIRTEEN

Levi jumped up from her bed as soon as Hannah entered her room, a huge grin on her face as she dragged the Jameson girl to sit down on the bed by the arm. 

"I told him I'd call him," She blurted out, a pink tint crawling up her neck and settling on her cheeks, making the corners of Hannah's lips turn upwards as she looked at her best friend with a confused expression. 

"You told who you'd call...Oh! Oh my God!" Hannah sat up straighter, her jaw slackened as she looked at Levi with a shocked expression that quickly morphed into one of happiness. She brought Levi into a quick hug before playfully shoving her backward by the shoulder. "Well, what are you waiting for?!"

"S-should I do it now? But what if he thinks-" Levi was cut off by Hannah grabbing her landline and practically shoving it into her hands.

"Just call the damn boy!" Hannah gestured with her hands, an expectant look on her face as she waited for Levi to dial the number. "Now! "

"Okay, alright. Sheesh," Levi mumbled, her hands shaking slightly as she dialed the number, breath hitching as the shrill ringing began. In her mind, she wished Stanley didn't pick up, that way, she'd have more time to think about what to say to him.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side this time.

"Hello? " Stan's voice came through the receiver, making Levi's eyes widen as she looked at Hannah with a panicked expression.

"Say hello, doofus," The Jameson girl hissed.

"H-Hi, Stan. It's, um, it's me, Levi," She rushed out, her finger twirling the phone cord absentmindedly.

"Lev, hi! What's up, how are you? " Stan asked, making Levi laugh softly as she shook her head. How could everything he did be so endearing?

"We saw each other a few hours ago, Stanny Boy. But I'm good, you?" She asked, completely forgetting Hannah was in the room with her, listening to the entire conversation- or at least her side.

"I'm great! Yeah, j-just peachy," Stan exclaimed, but something about his voice sounded slightly off. Suddenly, Levi remembered his father's stern gaze and sighed.

"Are you sure?" She questioned, not sure if she should push him to tell her or not.

"Yeah, yeah! Uh...Can-can we not talk about it right now? " He pleaded, his voice breaking slightly.

"Sure, we can do that..." Levi trailed off; neither of them spoke, just listening to each other's breathing through the phone, a warm feeling settling in their stomach's as soft smiles graced their features.

Levi was broken out of her lovesick stupor by Hannah slapping her knee, giving her a pointed look.

"Oh, Stan! I was, ah, I was wondering if you...wanted to come to the movies with-with me?" She forced out, a blush rising to her cheeks as she bit her lip, squeezing her eyes closed as she held her breath.

"You want to go to the movies...with me?" Stan breathed out, causing Levi to chuckle.

"Why wouldn't I? I mean, we've never been to the movies together, but you're pretty cool and I love hanging out with you—" Levi cut herself off, taking a deep breath as she turned away from Hannah's teasing gaze. "The point is, I'd really love it if you came to the movies with me."

Stan let out a breathy laugh, "Sure, yeah. Friday sound good?"

"Friday sounds perfect, Stanny Boy." Levi bit the inside of her cheek, the butterflies in her stomach going wild. "So, see ya then?"

"Yup, I'll see you," Stan answered softly. Levi hummed and, just before she could move the phone from her ear, Stan's voice came through again. "Lev, wait! "

"Yes, Stan?" Levi giggled, pressing the phone to her ear once more.

"Is this like a, um, a date?...Geez, I'm sorry if it isn't but—"

"Only if you want it to be," Levi whispered, the smile on her face growing impossibly big.

"Cool, awesome, great! I'll see you, then," Stan rushed out; Levi could practically hear the charming smile in his words.

"Buh-bye, Staniel." She laughed, hanging up the phone and slowly turning back to face Hannah, a lovesick smile on her face.

"What? Levi, what happened?!" Hannah sat up straight, looking at Levi expectantly. "C'mon, don't keep me hanging like this!"

"He said yes," Levi mumbled dazedly, a dreamy look in her eyes. "And then he asked if we were going on a...date. A motherfucking date."

"Oh my God! " Hannah yelped, wrapping her arms around Levi in excitement. "You're going on a motherfucking date! "

"A motherfucking date with Stanley Uris..." Levi trailed off, the realness of that statement suddenly sinking in. "I'm going on a motherfucking date with Stanley Uris! "

Hannah let out a loud laugh, "Fucking finally!"

Levi threw herself back on her bed, her heart beating fast.

In that moment, the dark cloud of fear, false sense of safety, and tension that hung around them all disappeared for Levi Johnston. In that moment, she didn't care about the clown, or the red balloons, or her sister haunting her dreams. All she cared about was the curly haired boy that made her heart jump out of her chest.

If only the cloud had stayed away.

Levi woke up with a start, surrounded by a pool of her own sweat. Her eyes searched the darkness of her room; the only sounds she could hear were those of Hannah's snores.

She took a few deep breaths, repeating the words "It's not real" over and over again until her heartbeat returned back to normal.

She slipped off the bed, carefully stepping over Hannah, who was sleeping on a mattress on the floor, and quietly made her way to the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water and downing it quickly, soothing her dry throat.

Suddenly, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end, the feeling of being watched causing goosebumps to rise on her skin. Slowly, without turning, she opened the drawer next to the sink, taking out a small butter knife before turning around.

In front of her stood the clown, a malevolent smile on its face as it waved its fingers at her before lunging.

Squeezing her eyes shut, she let out a strangled scream and thrust the butter knife out in front of her, bracing herself for the blinding pain that never came.

Slowly, she opened her eyes, her grip on the knife still tight.

Where the clown had been was a red balloon, the message written on it making Levi's eyes widen.

'Come get her if you dare'.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE )
the ship is sailing but
pennythot is back haha fuck

ALSO IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AYE