seventeen!

( WARNING:
Descriptions of violence, mentions of blood, cussing, and other such things. If any of these things trigger you, please do not read this chapter. Your health is more important than this book. )

SEVENTEEN!

"Kill it!" The Losers shouted in unison. "Kill it, Bill!"

"Bill, do it!" Levi cried out, her hands shaking at her sides. "Kill it!"

Frantically, Bill pulled the safety back and aimed the gun at the clown, whose smile only grew as he basked in the children's panic.

"Hey! It's not loaded!" Mike's words fell on deaf ears as Bill pressed down on the trigger, the screams seizing as the bolt buried itself on the clown's head, leaving a massive hole. The clown began shaking violently, it's body bending at an odd angle as its bones cracked, a stream of dark colored blood shooting out of it's head.

The clown's roar mixed in with the Losers's screams as they scrambled backward. Levi gripped Stan's arm tightly, pushing him away when IT launched at them, falling on top of Bill as the boy tried to defend himself with Mike's bolt gun.

"Bill, watch out!" Richie yelled out.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Levi mumbled, her eyes searching for something that could be used as a weapon against the demonic entity that she would eventually have to fight; her eyes landed on a piece of the fence that lined the perimeter of the house at the bottom of the pile of junk, beginning to move towards it before she was pushed back by one of her friends.

"Leave him alone!" Beverly charged at the clown, a metal rod in her hand, plunging it into it's head as the clown turned to look at her.

Beverly's actions spurred on the rest of the Losers and soon, they were all surrounding the clown, attacking it from all sides. Their angry screams mixed in with the clown's pained, frustrated growls; Levi stabbed at the clown, trying to get as close to it's abdomen as she could without giving the clown the chance to grab her.

Behind her, Eddie let out a scream running at the clown and jumping on it's back, wrapping his arms around it's neck. The clown lifted it's arms and clawed at Eddie's, trying to rip the small boy off of it's back; Levi's eyes narrowed slightly as she saw her chance, her heart pounding in her ears as she took a deep breath and let out a scream, running towards the clown and burying the make-shift spear in it's stomach, quickly pulling it out.

She staggered back as the clown flung Eddie off of him and set it's glowing, yellow eyes on her. Slowly, the clown began walking unsteadily towards her, making her stumble backward and fall on her back. A sharp pain shot through her ankle, but she soon forgot about it, her eyes widening as it's mouth opened to show the endless rows of teeth; she squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the blinding pain to take hold of her body, but it never came.

Instead, she heard the sound of a skull cracking, followed by a pained roar. She opened her eyes to see Hannah holding a piece of metal piping in her hand, her chest moving up and down as she panted.

Feeling Levi's gaze on her, she turned to look at her, offering her hand and helping her stand, Hannah's brows furrowing in concern at the hiss that slipped past Levi's lips as she put her weight on her right foot. Levi dismissed it, shaking her head at Hannah and turning back to look at the clown, her face a picture of determination and rage as she forced herself to run at it once again.

Levi latched onto it's arm at the same time the clown managed to get a hold of Stan.

"Let go of him!" Levi screamed. Her nails scratched at the clown's hand, putting all her strength into trying to pry it's fingers away from Stan. "Let. Him. Go!"