fifteen!

( WARNING:
a slight panic attack, mentions of violence, and other such things. if any of these things trigger you, please do not read this. your health is more important than this book. )

FIFTEEN!

Levi peddled behind Hannah, her mind reeling with every worst-case scenario that mixed in with the worried thoughts she was having about her best friend; Hannah had already been through too much and Levi was concerned that this summer would be the thing that would tip her over the edge. 

Neither of the girls said anything, and neither did the rest of the Losers when they joined them as they passed by Bill's house. They rode in torturous silence, too enthralled in their thoughts and too focused on the task at hand to force a single word out of their lips. 

Neibolt House came into view much quicker than they would've liked; the group froze for a few seconds, staring at the run down building with a terrified gaze. Slowly, they all walked past the rusted gate and into the front yard, Richie moving forward picking up a glass bottle from the ground, smashing it against the railing in a failed attempt to create a weapon for himself; Levi shot him an unimpressed look as he sheepishly dropped it. 

Carefully, they all walked up the rotting steps of the porch and past the doorway, just as they had the last time they were there. The group only stopped when Richie called out to Stan, who was still standing on the porch, an unreadable look on his face. 

"Stan," Bill called, looking at the curly haired boy, "We all have to go. Buh-buh-Beverly was right. If we get separated like last time, that clown will kill us one by one...But if we stick together, all of us, we'll win."

Stan's eyes were filled with tears as he looked at Bill, a hint of hesitance crossing over his features. Levi took notice of this and place a hand on Bill's shoulder, giving him a short nod before she stepped forward, hand outstretched and a reassuring look on her face. 

"Stan, look at me," She spoke softly, her heart clenching as his red eyes met hers. She took another step forward, slowly coming closer to him.  "Good. Now take my hand. It's okay."

And just as she had done that day in Beverly's bathroom, Stan placed his hand on hers, trying his hardest to keep his eyes on hers and not look away. Quirking the corner of her lips into a soft smile, Levi closed her hand around Stan's, steadily walking backward and further into the house. 

"That's it, just breath. Hey, hey, keep your eyes on me, okay? I've got you. It's okay," She whispered, stopping once they were level with the group once more. "We'll do this together, yeah? All of us."

Stan nodded and released a deep breath, squeezing Levi's hand as a 'thank you'. 

After a few beats of silence, Hannah spoke up, resuming their walk with a determined spring in her step. "Let's get this thing over with."

The Losers followed, Bill catching up to Hannah and leading the group with her; they rushed through the dusty parlor, threw open the basement door and carefully walked down the rickety stairs, their breath hitching when they spotted the old well.

"Hey, Eddie. Got a quarter?" Richie spoke up, attempting to lighten the mood. 

"I wouldn't want to make a wish on that fucking thing," Eddie mumbled as they all leaned forward to see into the well.