eighteen!

( WARNING:
This chapter contains mentions of blood. If this triggers you, please do not read on. Your health is more important than this book. )

EIGHTEEN!

SEPTEMBER

It had been a little over a month. A little over a month since they put their lives on the line and fought the demonic entity responsible for all the horror they had endured over the summer; a little over a month since their small town had returned to the quiet, middle-of-nowhere place it had been before.

The Losers' Club had spent a little over a month trying to piece their lives back together.

The early September wind ruffled Levi's newly-cut hair, making her tuck the short strands behind her ear subconsciously as she listened intently as Bev recounted her experience.

"I can't remember much." The redhead shrugged. "Just bits and pieces. . .I-I saw us. . ."

This made the group perk up slightly, looks of confusion painted on their faces as they tried to make sense of what Beverly had said.

"We were our parent's age," She continued, looking every bit as confused and lost as her friends. "And... We were in the sewers, I think..."

"And?" Hannah asked from beside the Marsh girl, turning her head to face her.

"I can't remember anything else." Bev shook her head, her shoulders slumping forward.

Silence fell over the Club, all of them drifting off with their own thoughts.

Levi shot a quick glance in Stan's direction, her heart becoming heavier when she caught the expression on his face - one of pain and anguish. Slowly, just like she had done at Ben's house that one day in mid-July, she inched her hand closer to his, sliding her pinkie over his once they were close enough.

Startled, Stan's head snapped up, eyes wide until they landed on the Johnston girl, his gaze softening as he took in her discreet, comforting smile; all thoughts of the clown and the lady from the painting and their near-death experience vanished once her finger squeezed his in her very own, simple yet meaningful way of bringing him back to reality and letting him know she was there.

"Swear to me." Bill's voice brought them out of their little, personal safe haven.

The Losers all turned to face the Denbrough boy, brows furrowing once they saw him holding a jagged piece of green-stained glass.

"Swear to me that if IT comes back, we will too," Bill spoke, his tone full of determination as he turned to look at his friends.

The group shared looks of hesitation before Levi stood up, a mixture of fear, hesitation, and, most of all, resolve taking over her expression.

"I swear it." Her heart beat fast against her ribcage, swelling with pride as, one by one, the rest of the Losers stood up and formed a circle around the Denbrough boy, who, without another word, gently grabbed Beverly's hand and cut her palm with the jagged piece of glass; then he moved on to Hannah and Richie and Eddie.

Levi ground her teeth together and swallowed the hiss of pain that nearly escaped her as Bill cut her palm; she placed a hand on Stan's arm as Bill moved on to him, leaning over to whisper to him.

"It won't hurt, I promise." Levi nodded reassuringly, squeezing the boy's arm as he went to look at the blood beginning to seep from his hand, bringing his attention back to her. "Hey, look at me. Don't think about it."