four!

FOUR

The group followed Ben as they biked towards his house, silent except for the occasional joke from Richie, which was followed by bickering between the nine kids as Richie ran his mouth until one of them promptly shouted 'Beep, beep, Richie!' and the bickering would seize and everything would go back to a tense silence. 

"We're here," Ben announced as he came to a stop in front of a white house, dropping his bike in the front lawn, the rest of the Losers' following suit and rushing after him. 

Following Ben up the stairs, Levi somehow ended up standing next to Stan, bumping her shoulder into his playfully to catch his attention. As soon as Stan's head turned, Levi gave the boy a cheeky smile, winking conspicuously before draping an arm across his shoulders. 

"So, how do you think it'll be?" She asked,  successfully matching her steps to his after various failed attempts. 

"How do I think what will be?" Stan furrowed his brows in confusion, carefully turning his head to look at Levi, hyper-aware of how close they were. 

"Ben's room, silly. Do you think it'll be cool like those in the movies?" Levi laughed slightly, raising her brows and bumping Stan playfully with her hip once more. 

"Uh, I don't know..." He trailed off as the group walked into the room. 

"Well," Levi pressed her lips together, turning to face him, her arm dropping from its' place on his shoulders, making his heart sink weirdly, "It's...Interesting, to say the least." 

"Cool, huh?" Ben spoke up as he watched his new friends wander around the limited space, carefully studying their faces to watch their reactions. 

"No, not cool at all," Richie snorted, pushing his glasses up his nose. 

"Oh, shut up, Richie," Hannah shot at the boy, giving him a slap on the back of his head as she passed him, "I think it's pretty radical."

"Radical," Richie chortled, "You're worse, Solo."

"What is that?" Levi and Stan both asked in unison, blushing madly once they realized what had happened; Levi took a few steps to the side, looking down at her shoes in embarrassment before looking back at Ben's wall, which was covered in copies of pictures, maps, and missing person posters, focusing on the one both she and Stan had pointed out. 

"It's the charter for the Derry Township," Ben explained, gaining a small chuckle from Richie.

"Nerd alert!"

"No, actually, it's really interesting," Ben defended, turning to face his friends, "Derry starter as a beaver-trapping camp."

"Still is, am I right, boys?" Richie interrupted once more, earning a glare from Levi and a groan from Hannah. Beverly simply ignored him, continuing to look curiously around Ben's room, listening intently. 

"Beep, beep, Richie." Levi nudged the bespectacled boy, rolling her eyes before motioning for Ben to continue. 

"Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry. But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace," Ben continued, his gaze alternating between the document and his friend's faces. 

"The entire camp?" Eddie questioned, his brows furrowed. 

"There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack. Everybody just thought it was a plague or something, but it's like, one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well-house."

The hairs on the back of Levi's neck and on her arms were standing on end as if she had just been electrocuted. "Holy shit."

"Jesus. We could be on 'Unsolved Mysteries'," Richie voiced, looking over the charter.