ten!

( WARNING:
mentions of blood, wounds, somebody being thrown across a room, a demonic clown, lots of cursing, and other such things. if any of these things trigger you, please don't read on. your health is more important than this book. )

TEN 

Levi scrambled up from the dusty, rotten wooden floor of Neibolt House and raced toward the kitchen, completely disregarding the fact that her shoe was gone (her veins were pumping a copious amount of adrenaline all throughout her body, making her more aware to her surroundings and less aware to her own body). Her breathing caught in her throat for what seemed to be the umpteenth time that day, the sight of Eddie sprawled out among the debris of broken wood making her eyes widen.

"Eddie?" She called the boy's name, stepping over the debris and falling to her knees next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder and shaking him as gently as she could. "Jesus Christ, come on, Eddie!"

As she shook his body once again, Levi's eyes were drawn to Eddie's right arm, which was lying across his stomach. Her eyes widened as much as humanly possible; his arm was bent at a weird angle and Levi was sure that if Eddie had fallen from a higher place, the bone would be sticking out. A shudder ran down her spine as she forced herself to look away from it.

"Fuck, Eddie! Please, please, wake up." Levi tried once again, her pleas were answered with a gasp from Eddie as he opened his eyes, sitting up. The boy looked at Levi and down to his arm, his expression morphing into a grimace. "Oh, thank fuck! Ed, it's okay, just don't touch it. You'll make it worse—"

A tapping sound interrupted her, causing her brows to furrow as she turned her head to look at the source of the sound.

The fridge door opened slowly to reveal IT, its body all tangled up into an indescribable, revolving mess of limbs. One by one, IT disentangles its extremities, no sound of breaking bones coming from IT as its body turned and twisted itself back into its original position.

"Time to float." Was the only thing IT said as it looked at the children, its painted face turned up in its permanent vile smile.

Levi could feel the bile rising up her throat as she fell on her backside, her and Eddie beginning to scoot backward as the clown began to move closer with slow, taunting steps, imitating Eddie's wheezing. She could feel her chest constricting as her brain went into overdrive, her heart stopping for a fraction of a second as she felt her back meet the wall. A scream was ripped from her throat as IT finally lept forward, grabbing on to Eddie, who tried hitting it with his good hand.

IT began to taunt the sobbing boy by grabbing his hand and pretending to bite it, which sent Eddie into hysterics.

"Let him go! Stop it!" Levi cried, grabbing IT's arm and trying to wrench it away from Eddie, only to be thrown back across the room by the demonic clown. The wind was knocked out of her lungs as her back met the floor, her mouth agape as she tried to breathe.

In that moment, the kitchen door burst open, Bill and Richie barreling in and skidding to a stop as they took in the scene before them, their eyes wide.

"What the fuck?" Richie mumbled as the clown turned his attention from a blubbering Eddie and on to them. A faint wheeze caught the Tozier boy's attention, making him look down to find Levi holding her stomach, her mouth agape as she tried to breathe. "What the fuck?!"

"Richie—shit, fuck, okay...Just fuck—fucking help me," Levi coughed, hissing sharply as Richie took her hand and gently helped her up, his hands on her shoulders as she finally took in a deep breath, neither of their eyes leaving the clown for a second. Tears streamed down her dirtied face, the pain in her back subsiding into a dull throbbing; she was sure she was going to find a bruise there in the morning.