II

"Have you been telling the police where we are?"

Lucia stared with furrowed eyebrows at the two men in front of her. She heard shuffling behind her, knowing that someone with a gun just entered the room too.
"Why would I do that?" She asked them.
"Pablo you know me. You've known me since we were children, why would I do that to you?"

Friends don't sell friends out.

Pablo looked intensely at Lucia but shifted his gaze to whoever was standing behind her. He nodded his head to the side and the man left.

"Poison was patrolling your neighborhood when he saw someone leave your house. He followed the man until he saw where he was going, the Embassy for the United States. Why was an American in your house?"
"I live in an apartment Pablo. There are fifty people who live there and I know none of them. If you'd like me to move-"
"No. You can stay."
"Do you still trust me?" Lucia asked him and he rose to his feet and walked around the room. Lucia took a moment to look at Gustavo who seemed to have eased up a bit after the conversation.
"You are one of our eldest friends. You give us no reason to distrust you."

Lucia leaned back into the couch and loosened up a bit. The night went on and she made small talk with the men around her until she needed to slip away. She went outside on the porch which faced vast farmland, although she couldn't quite see it as it was pitch black outside. She lit a cigarette and let the smoke fill the air around her.
"What are you thinking about?"
Lucia turned around and saw Gustavo leaning against the door frame with his own cigarette dangling between his lips.
"Nothing important." She replies and turned back to face the darkness again. Gustavo made his way to her and wrapped an arm around her waist and she leaned into him.
"You're thinking. I can see it in your face."
"I was thinking about all this land."
Gustavo looked down at her with his eyebrows raised and she smiled at his reaction.
"And that's because?"
"I was thinking it would be nice to have a house out here. It's quiet and no one can bother me."
"You don't want anyone around?"
"Well, I suppose I can make a few exceptions."
Lucia turned around and threw her cigarette to the ground. Gustavo's other hand enclosed around her waist and Lucia took the cigarette out of his mouth and took a drag.
"As long as you don't bring anyone else, I think I'd let you in."
She dropped it and Gustavo's lips captured her own but not for long, as someone clearing their throat broke them apart. They both turned to see Posion holding his gun. He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to for Lucia to know she had to leave.
"I have to go."
Gustavo didn't budge at all he just stared at Poison for a minute.
"Gustavo, I have to go."
"Let me come with you."
Lucia looked at him incredulously.
"Apparently there are Americans living in my building. I don't think that's safe."
"You don't know if they're looking for me."
"No, I don't know what they're doing but neither do you. It could be dangerous."
Gustavo shrugged and looked back to posion.
"I'm going with her. You can go now."
"Boss says she needs to be gone in five."
Gustavo nodded and turned back to Lucia who was still looking at Poison. They walked back into the house and everyone was standing or sitting in the living room making Lucia feel incredibly uncomfortable. She nodded to Pablo who in return nodded back and continued down the hallway. Gustavo placed his hand on her lower back to guide her out but all that consumed Lucia's thoughts is how in the world was she going to get Gustavo in and out of her house without Steve or Javier noticing?

       The ride to Bogotá was long and quiet and the file that Javi showed Lucia in the morning was suddenly coming back into her conscious. Lucia sighed quietly and suddenly became a bit angered at the fact that he was and asked him the question.
"Are you fucking the Ochoa's sister?"
Gustavo turned and looked at Lucia who kept her eyes on the road and didn't seem to be phased.
"What?"
Lucia raised her eyebrows for a second but her eyes never moved from facing forward.
"I said, are you fucking the Ochoa's sister?"
Lucia spit out as harshly as she could. She could see his fist clench in a rage after she asked the question a second time. Gustavo always had a short fuse.
"Who told you?" He asked her.
"That's none of your concern."
"Like hell it is! Who told you!?" Gustavo shouted it this time and Lucia stopped the car abruptly. She turned to face him and she could see he fury in his eyes.
"It doesn't matter. You didn't deny it so it's true. How long as this been going on? A couple weeks? Months?"
"What did you want me to do?" He asked her and she looked at him confused.
"What?"
"What did you want me to do!? For the last couple months every time I get near you I smell some other mans cologne. Is that who Poison caught leaving your apartment the other day? Who the fuck is it!?" He shouted at her.
"No one! I told you and Pablo the truth." Lie.
"I've only been with you, there is no one else. But Marta Ochoa? That better stop now. Not for me. No, you wouldn't do that for me, but for Pablo. If the Ochoa's find out you'll be killed before you can come up with some stupid excuse to save yourself."
Gustavo lunged forward and grabbed her face with his hand and pulled her close.
"Are you working for them?"
"The Ochoa's? No." She spat at him.
"Who are you working for because sure the fuck it's not Pablo."
"I'm not working for anyone."
"The police? The government?"
He grabbed her face so tight she could feel the bruising on her jaw bone. But a flick of fear in her eyes was enough for Gustavo to know that she was working for the government.
"Are you working for them!?" He shouted at her again.
"No."
"You're lying to me."
"I'm not fucking lying. Get your fucking hands off me and out of my car."
Gustavo let go of her face and fell back into his seat. Lucia turned back, facing the dark road ahead and gripping the wheel so tight her knuckles turned white.
"Did you not hear me? Get out of my car and go back." She told him quietly. She knew he was looking at her, she could feel the stare. It took another minute before he slammed open the car door, got out, and slammed the door closed again. Lucia put the car back in drive and sped off as quickly as she could.

Lucia's emotions clouded her judgement and she went well over the speed limit the entire way to Bogotá. She pulled into the garage of the apartment and quickly entered the lobby. She walked straight passed her door and banged on the one two flights above her. She knocked and banged on the door 5 different times before she saw the light go on through the crack in the door. The door was unlocked and she met the face of Javier. Javi's eyes went wide when he saw the bruises along her jaw and he ushered her inside before she crumbled to the ground in tears by the door. He knelt down and hugged her tightly and whispered soothing nothings into her ear but she was hysterical. Javi heard footsteps come down from the hallways stairs and saw Steve standing by his door. Steve noticed it was Lucia he was holding and met Javi's pleading gaze to go back upstairs.
"Luce." He said to her quietly.
"Javi they know."
His brows furrowed and he lifted her head up so he could understand what she's saying.
"What?" He asked her.
"They know I'm working for the government. Gustavo knows. It's only a matter of time before he tells Pablo and they come get me."
Javi held her face in his hands delicately and stared into her eyes.
"I will never let that happen."
"What am I suppose to do?" Lucia sobbed to him.
"You come with Steve and I. We're going to catch Pablo. You're going to be the one to take him down. Come on."
Javi stood and held out his hand for Lucia to take.
"Lets go to bed."
Lucia gladly accepted the proposal and they went to bed and Javi held her close and she felt nothing could get her there.

200 miles away Gustavo finally reached the compound after walking for over an hour. All the men were still there still going over different plans. Gustavo reached the living room and Pablo looked at him, confused as to why he would be back already. Pablo could tell something was wrong by the angered look his cousin's face held.
"What is it?" Pablo asked him. Gustavo shook his head fiercely and ran a hand over his face and took a deep breath in.
"Poison was right. She's a god damn rat."
"How do you know that?"
Gustavo laughed at Pablo's questioning. He couldn't understand how Pablo didn't figure it out, Gustavo figured out some of the obvious signs when he was walking back.
"He saw someone leaving her apartment who went to the US Embassy, she goes MIA for days between visits and we never question her about it. She is always here when we are talking about the cocaine farms and all of a sudden they are getting attacked by the cops? I saw something in her eyes when I asked her if she worked for the government. I don't have any doubt that she's a fucking rat."
"What did you do to her?" Pablo asked him and Gustavo's head fell, giving Pablo his answer.
"Where is she?"
"Bogotá."
Pablo motioned to Poison and a few other of his sicarios and they left.
"What are they going to do to her?" Gustavo asked, a stupid question because he already knew the answer.
"Something you should have already done." Pablo replied leaving Gustavo alone in the room.