IV

The meeting with Lara went quickly but not as smoothly as everyone would have liked. The handsome minister of justice was persistent that the system would choose Escobar's fate but none of the agents were convinced. The ride back to their homes was quiet and Steve was slowly nodding off against the window in the back seat with Lucia and Javier stayed semi alert in the front.
"What are you doing tonight?" Javier asked Lucia, his left index finger tapping against the open window of the car.
"A nice glass of wine and an early bedtime. Why? Got something else in mind?" Lucia raised her eyebrow at Javi who just smirked back in return.
"Can you not?" Steve's voice startled the two in the front and Lucia turned to glance at the man whose eyes were still closed.
"Just because I have my eyes closed doesn't mean I can't see or hear what you are intending. Please don't do it when I'm in the car." Steve complained.
"Bring your own ride next time Steve. Then you wouldn't have to go through this." Lucia told him and turned back around.
"Tomorrow?" Lucia suggested to Javier whose face indicated he wasn't as satisfied with tomorrow than he was if it had been that night.
"Tomorrow." He agreed.

Javier pulled up on the curb outside of Lucia's new Home and unlocked the doors.
"See you Monday Steve. Tomorrow Javi. Don't forget." Lucia told him closing the jeeps door and leaning on the window.
"You should know me better Luce. I wouldn't miss that for the world."

     Lucia smiled and patted the car and they drove away. Lucia unlocked her door and closed it behind her, making her way into the kitchen and sat her bag down on the counter. She turned around to get a wine glass from the cabinet when she felt something was off, like there was someone watching her. She grabbed the glass and pretended everything was ok, pouring a glass not even half full of her favorite moscato. She slowly made her way into the living room and looked into the room through the archway. Blackie was sitting on her sofa with a machine gun in his hand.
"Blackie." Lucia cautiously said.
Blackie got up from the sofa and walked over to her. Lucia thought that if she didn't at least try to get away, she would be killed in her own home. Lucia threw the glass of wine in Blackie's face and sprinted back through to the kitchen and got closer and closer to the door before she felt a throbbing pain in the side of her head and her vision went black.

    Lucia didn't know where she was when she woke up, or how long she had been out but she thought she was in a basement. There was one light handing from the ceiling, a cabinet on the left side and a couple of folding chairs scattered around the room. She was zip tied to the chair, both hands and feet were compromised and she could feel the blood dried on her face. She was still trying to get her eyes to focus because the light kept flickering on and off in the room, dimming each time. Lucia could hear talking outside of the room but couldn't make out what they were saying. The door opened and she was blinded by the light that was shining on her as a result.
A man, she could tell by the shoes, sat down on the chair in front of her and two other men closed the door behind him, guarding it from the inside. Lucia looked up and met the eyes of Pablo Escobar.
"Kidnapping isn't your style Pablo."
Pablo just sat there and stared at Lucia with a menacing gaze. Lucia was scared sure, she knew that Pablo's men could kill her right there or worse Pablo could do it or Gustavo. But she didn't let her fear take over. She needed to find a way back into tinge circle of trust to help the DEA. It was her job after all.
"So what now? Who's going to do it huh? Blackie? Quica? You? Gustavo? What are you waiting for?"
"The truth."
"I told you the truth before."
"Who were the men who dropped you off?"
"People that were sent to pick me up from my house and drop me off. You know people are looking for you Pablo and they will do anything to get to you."
"Is that why they have been following you?"
"I suppose so. They try to get me to talk. To give up your location. I don't. I never do because I've always considered you a friend."
Pablo didn't believe her fully, she was giving up to much information for it to be true.
"Why are you tell me all of this now? Why not before when Gustavo was asking you?"
"Gustavo has his secrets too. I suppose you don't know, it would be damaging for business for sure."
"And how do you know?"
"Because it's who he's involved with?"
"I'll take care of that. That's business but you-" Pablo got up and walked around the room and paced behind her.
"- you're almost family. Tata, she likes you, my children, they like you. When I told Tata what we thought you did she couldn't believe it. She told me to find you, bring you here and she wants to give you a second chance."
Pablo moved again, this time kneeling in front of her.
"If you do anything like that again, I will have Gustavo kill you in front of those agents who have been so kind to visit you."
Pablo pulled out a pocket knife and cut the zip ties of her ankles and wrists.
"Gustavo's waiting for you."