IX

Chapters have not been re-edited. All grammar mistakes, etc. will be fixed in time.
------------------------------------------------------------
It hadn't been that long, but Pablo managed to make a deal with the government.

A fucking deal.

What Lucia didn't understand was that the government was aiding to Pablo. They were pawns in his game to give him what he wanted. And Pablo wanted to stay in Colombia, not be shipped out to the United States.

The Search Bloc that Carrillo was leading was dismantled, and while Steve and Javier met with him, Carrillo showed the two Pablo's prison. Well, vacation home.

It wasn't long before Steve and Javier arrived back at their desks in a fuming state. Lucia had only been back to work for a few days, and she had been quiet, trying to lay low for the most part. She didn't want to see Carrillo off, she thought her emotions would get the best of her again, and Javier agreed, it might have been for the best if she didn't go.

"What happened?" Lucia asked the two and Javier pulled out a cigarette, not bothering to even answer. Steve took it as a queue to answer and rubbed a hand over his face.

"Carrillo had pictures, of Pablo's prison, La Catedral. It's a fucking vacation home, not a prison. The thing is fucking gigantic and he's got a soccer field and a basketball court. What kind of prison has a basketball court!?" Steve told her and she sighed at the thought.

"Well, I suppose if anyone is going to have a soccer field and basketball court it's Pablo and it's entirely because he got a deal." Lucia told them and they agreed but were still angered at the fact.

"I just wish there were some way that we could figure out what he's been doing. It's not like cocaine production just stops when he's in there. He's still making money somehow."

"How are you going to link him to something? You can't get in the prison, you would never step foot in there, there is no more "inside man", and he's literally in prison, which in his defense, makes a pretty good defense." Lucia told Steve and he just shook his head, not accepting the answer.

"Just come over tonight, the both of you, Connie and I can make you dinner and we can stare at the pictures until our eyes pop out of our heads. Just be there at 7?" Steve asked them and grabbed his keys, giving in on the day and leaving work.

"Sure." Lucia answered and Javier just nodded at him in reply. Javier was gnawing on his lip for a brief moment before Lucia raised a brow at him.

"You too?"

"What?" Javier asked her and she shook her head and grabbed her jacket from the back of the chair.

"Who knows what Pablo's up to... Maybe we should just lay low for a few days, everything might settle." Lucia tried to convince him and he wasn't having it.

"Do you really think that Pablo's going to give in? Sure he turned himself in, but thats only after he knew that we had the power to get him. Letting Gustavo get caught was the reason he's in prison and he's not stopping the vengeance now, and I would have thought you'd be the one to see that." Javier raised his voice a bit, drawing the attention of some other workers in the office space. Lucia sighed and began walking away.

"I'm trying to think of the best case scenario. You can't always be searching for something that isn't there. I'll see you at 7."
                                              •
Connie made them sandwiches, and Lucia couldn't remember the last time she had sandwich. Tata was a fairly sufficient cook, she always made dinner with Pablo's mother when Lucia was stuck there for over a month and that food was certainly no sandwich. The three continued to stare at the pictures and Lucia thought she was seeing new dots form on the paper after staring at one for too long.