VII

——
sorry for the wait. Time gets away easily but I hope this chapter is worth it! Remember to always like and comment if you feel like it and let me know your thoughts on the chapter.

I hope you enjoy.

Xoxo HappyHogan
——

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

        TODAY WAS THE DAY and Lucia could barely contain her nervousness. What Lucia never wanted to admit, because she thought it would affect her work, was that at one point, she truly had a special place in her heart for Gustavo. They were always friends, he didn't always treat her badly and she hated to admit it, but the sex was pretty damn good. But overtime, especially when they got wrapped into the trafficking business and slowly the empire grew, the connection they had became rocky, more volatile and unhealthy, and eventually Lucia found Javier, and even if it's just twice a week she finds herself in his arms for the night, she feels safe, even if she can protect herself.

       Lucia slipped out of the compound just after eating breakfast with Tata and the children, she couldn't skip out on breakfast with one of her closest friends, that would have seemed suspicious, as it was custom for the two. She bid them farewell, never spoke a word to Pablo or any of his other men. They knew Gustavo and her were going on a rendezvous, they didn't need to ask any questions. Gustavo had some business to catch up on, telling Lucia he'd meet her there around 1, so she was off and headed for the hotel.

      When Lucia turned 33, Javi wanted to surprise her and do something different for once. They had slept together almost twice a week for a year, he thought she deserved more than a good fuck for her birthday. So, he took her to a secluded hotel, about an hour outside of Bogotá, where it was surrounded by vast landscapes of mountains and rivers running through them. It was relaxing and offered the two agents a nice retreat to finally treat each other as if they were in love. That was Lucia's favorite memories of Javier, and whether he wanted to admit it or not, it was Javier's favorite memories of her.

       When she arrived she parked the car and took notice that there were two other cars, not enough to be suspicious and because she had some time, she entered the property and into the large foyer that was essentially a courtyard. Carrillo and his men were all armed and ready, lounging and waiting for Gustavo.

"Carrillo!" Lucia called to him and he looked in her direction. He knew Lucia from a ways back, longer than he knew Steve or Javier. She always wanted to join in on the field work when they captured someone, so sometimes he'd let her come with.

"Where's Gustavo?"

"He'll be here in about an hour. Don't be standing out like this. Make it a surprise. He won't walk in otherwise and you'll want him to talk not flee."

"Ok." He told his men to scatter and Lucia went back outside to wait.

Lucia leaned against the car for what seemed like forever. The sun was beating down on her and soon she felt as if she was going to melt into a puddle. Carrillo and his men stayed hidden, she didn't seen either Steve or Javier, which she was glad, because neither of them needed to be there for this, they just needed to know it was done. Soon, Gustavo's car rolled up and parked right next to her. Lucia stood with her arms crossed as he made his way to her, running a hand through his hair, slicking it backwards from his face. He approached Lucia and wrapped a sloppy arm around her and pulled her in for a kiss. She had to oblige, even though she knew what was going to happen.

"Wait until we get inside." Lucia told him and he understood why, just cautious if there were people there that were enemies to Pablo. And boy. There were.