VIII

JAVIER woke up the next morning and turned over in his bed, sighing at the sight of no one laying next to him. He rubbed his face in frustration but knew he had to keep a strong face on for her. He got up and threw on a shirt and some sweat pants, making his way into the living room where he was certain she would be.

And there she was. Sitting straight up on the couch, holding a cup of coffee, with a red, puff face, staring at the black tv screen.

Lucia was more hurt than she thought she was. She knew she couldn't go home alone. They would find her eventually and she would end up like Kiki. No one wanted that.

She woke up when it was still dark, barely getting two hours of sleep and noticed Javier had been sleeping soundly, his back facing her but his breathing was steady and quiet. She got out of bed and made her way to the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee that was brewed the pervious morning. She got her cup and sat down. But she was almost in a trance. Everything she ever did with Gustavo, anything she ever said, even in his last moments came rushing back and she sat on the couch, remembering everything, not even realizing she had been crying.

Javier grabbed himself a cup and sat down next to Lucia on the couch. He didn't say anything, he was only waiting for her. It took a long time for her to talk, enough time where his coffee went cold and the sun was fairly high in the sky.

"I killed him."

Javi didn't say anything.

"I killed a man who I thought I had feelings for, for what? The governments satisfaction that a drug dealer is dead!? I killed him! He will never see his children again or his wife, or Pablo! What if that was you!? I..." Lucia began to sob and Javier felt terrible for her. She was heartbroken and shell shocked by what she did. He placed a hand on her leg in comfort and she shifted away from him. She just wasn't ready for any comfort yet.

"I destroyed someone everyone in Pablo's family adored. He was a good man, in many ways, and now he's gone. Left dead in a wear-house with no one. The last person he saw was me, a woman who he thought loved him and I betrayed him."

"I...-" Javier tried to connect with her but he just couldn't. He didn't know what to say.

"Don't say anything Javier. You don't need to. I don't need anyone's pity or sorrow because it's my fault what happened to Gustavo. No one else's. And I don't expect you to know what I'm going through."

Lucia finally got up, places her coffee on the table, and walked to the bathroom and slammed the door shut, leaving Javier alone in the living room with his cold coffee.

                                          ~

Gustavo ran a finger up and down Lucia's bear back as she slept. She would never truly know but having her next to him in the morning was one of his favorite things. And although their relationship was more volatile than some, he truly loved her whether she believed him or not.

"How long have you been staring at me?" Lucia asked Gustavo and he smirked and looked in her eyes.

"I've been up for a few hours. You sleep forever on Saturday's."

"Well I wouldn't need to if you didn't keep me up all night."

Gustavo smiled and she smiled back at him as he moved and trapped her between his arms and hovered over her. His cross necklace hung from his neck almost touching Lucia's chest. She took the opportunity to pull him down by the cross and kiss him softly. She could feel his hands start to trail up her sides and back down again.

"What are we doing today?" She broke the kiss and asked him. He didn't want to, so he leaned down and began kissing on her neck as a distraction.

"Gustavo, what are we doing today?"

"I think we should stay in bed. All day. No one will bother us." He trailed down her neck and onto the top of her chest, above the covers.

"I highly doubt that Pablo won't come knocking on your door in a few minutes."

It was like clockwork. No sooner after Lucia said that Pablo knocked on the door. Gustavo sighed and got out of bed, pulling on a pair of boxers and opening the door. Lucia made sure the covers were covering her naked body before he opened the door. Pablo wasn't surprised to see the two, only thought they would be up and ready by now.

"Get ready, we have some exploring to do." Pablo told them and they both must have looked confused, they weren't aware of any plans with Pablo.

"What are we doing?" Gustavo asked him and Pablo smiled widely.

"We're buying animals today!"

With that Pablo walked off and whistled down the hallway and Gustavo closed the door and made his way back to bed.

"Well you heard him, we better ever ready." Lucia told him and tried getting out of bed but Gustavo reached across the bed and pulled her back.

"15 minutes. Then we can get dressed."

Lucia laughed but smashed her lips against Gustavo's and in fact, they were out the door 25 minutes later.

~

IT was hard for Lucia to stop thinking about Gustavo. Everything she did reminded her of him and every mention of Pablo reminded her that he was more than likely actively searching for her.

But it had been two weeks and nothing happened. It had been one week and Lucia returned to work, getting odd stares from the people in the office. She was still staying with Javier, occasionally sleeping on the couch, as sleeping next to someone who she was romantically involved with seemed like a bad idea at the time. She knew Javier was having a hard time trying to connect with her. Steve might have mentioned it to her over lunch a few days ago, but she couldn't help it. She shot a man she thought she loved and she would need time to get over it.

And that was fine.

Everything was fine.

Until Pablo was captured.

————————

Hi!

I know this is a short chapter, but it's not 100% canon with the show so next chapter will be right on track. I have a few comments I'd like to share.

1. I'm looking for someone to make covers, if you do comment or DM me if you're interested in making a cover!

2. Thank you to everyone who has commented and favorited so far! I truly appreciate every notification I get and I love to hear your thoughts on the book! Keep commenting and liking!!!

3. I am writing a book called Revelio, it's a Fantastic Beasts Fanfic and if you are interested, please feel free to check it out!!

4. I wanted this chapter to feel like Lucia has some unresolved emotions that will effect her time as an agent. I know trauma can be life altering, therefore I wanted to make it as real as I could.

Thanks for reading again! Next chapter will be up in a week or so!

Xoxo HappyHogan