III

Javier knew Lucia could keep herself safe, but when she arrived two nights before flustered and hysterical he knew she needed his help. The situation didn't die down after that night. Lucia, for protection, would be transported in a different car every morning to the Embassy and arrived at her new house in a different car every night. The new house wasn't far from her old apartment, but it was closer to the Embassy , in case of an emergency.

Four days after Gustavo and Pablo found out who she was working for, Marta Ochoa was found safe and things died down a bit, then everything ramped up again as war between Pablo and the Colombian Government. Everyday several people would be found dead on the side of the Colombian streets because of Pablo. The politicians didn't seem to worried for their safety and most of DEA didn't see it as something new but Javier and Steve felt differently, and although Lucia wasn't on the field as of late, she felt the same.

It was two weeks after the incident and nothing has happened to Lucia. Lucia was used to the transportation schedule and she liked her new house, but it was lonely and Steve and Javier weren't living in the same place. The desks around her office were scarcely filled as it was closing in on 10:30 and most of them went home. Lucia stared at the bulletin board that kept pictures of the Medellín Cartel staring back at her. None of them had crosses on the picture which indicated that all of the members were still alive. She rubbed her hand against her face and sighed.

"Something wrong Agent Davalos?" She heard Steve ask her as he and Javier walked to her.

"Basically everything. They aren't doing anything about the murders and it's only going to get worse, you know that."

The two men nodded in agreement as each took a side next to her, Javier on the right and Steve on the left.

"Well we can build a case and then we can go after them. It's too dangerous to do it now." Steve told her.

"I really don't now how much more proof the goddamn government needs. I was literally on the inside for two years and they didn't do anything. It's like they're profiting from just waiting and sitting on their asses. It's getting ridiculous now and sooner or later it will get so out of hand that they won't be able to contain it."

"Wow. You really thought this through didn't you?" Javier smirked down at her and she shot him a glare.

"Come on, you can't blame me for just sitting around! I've been living on the edge for months watching their every move and I can't sit here and do nothing when they will do anything in their power to take down the ones trying to take them down."

"I don't blame you. I just don't see the benefit of going in and doing something without an army or at least a team of people."

"Did I say that I was going in with anyone? That's not my job, that's yours and Steve's. And if I'm correct Carrillo would be more than willing to do something."

"That's his job, not yours." Javier meant that as a subtle warning for her not to go to Carrillo.

"Pablo's power is only going to grow the longer we let him get away with everything."

"Peña's right. We can't go in now, not yet at least. We're not saying that you don't bring enough evidence to the table, but Escobar hasn't done anything alarming to set the alarms off for him. It's a waiting game Davalos, we just have to wait." Steve told her and she huffed as he made his way out of the office.

Lucia turned back to Javier who was fiddling with a red marker next to her.

"It will be too late before anything gets done. You know it too. People are going to die before this embassy or the Colombian Government or any police force will do anything. They're all to fucking stubborn to see it." Lucia pushed pass Javier and back into her office where she slammed the door shut, leaving Javier by the board with the stares of the Medellín cartel staring back at him.