↳ oooooi

🃏

ONE

——THE SYMMETRY OF EFFIE STARK

       "CAN'T I JUST HIDE IN YOUR TRUNK UNTIL THE SCHOOL YEAR ENDS?" Effie whined as she and her dad, Eleazar, sat in Domino's Pizza for the time being. They still had an hour before they needed to meet up with Pansy Parkinson, and go to the Quidditch World Cup.

"Lillian Euphemia—"

"—how many times do I have to say that it's Effie?"

Eleazar huffed and playfully rolled his eyes, "Fine. . . Phemy," He chuckled as Effie scoffed, crossing her arms. "You know I can't pull a Newt Scamander."

"But I'm not an animal," Effie cringed when she opened a box, revealing jalapeño-pineapple chicken wings and hastily pushed them over to her dad. "Who the he—heck invented that?"

       Across from her, Eleazar is repulsed by the Hawaiian pizza in front of him and handed it over to Effie, "Pineapple doesn't have business to be in cheese pizzas."

       Effie scowled at him, hissing, "You don't have a business on this planet."

       "Real' mature," Eleazar mutters in amusement, sharing the basket of breadsticks with her.

       Effie already had two boxes of breadsticks in her bag (which Eleazar had placed an Undetectable Extension Charm on after the amount of times she broke her bags because of carrying too many things), she looked like she was going to get more. "What was the name of Don Quixote's horse?"

       "Didn't we just finished reading it last night?" Eleazar raised an eyebrow. It was no secret between the father and daughter that they bonded heavily over muggle literature, not that any of Effie's friends would understand.

       "Fine, dumb question," Effie rolled her eyes, and smirked. "How's Professor French? You two seemed close."

       "Rocinanto," Eleazar avoids the question. "The horse's name was Rocinanto."

       Minutes later, the two Starks decided to leave thirty five minutes before eight, since Effie wanted to come by the Olive Garden and the sweet shop.

       "Come on, dad, you can't deny that Olive Garden has the best salad ever," Effie complained. "And we both have the cooking ability of a killer on bath salts, so. . . "