↳ ooooxi

🃏

ELEVEN

——BAD MOON RISING

——BAD MOON RISING

THE MOMENT EFFIE STEPPED INTO THE SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM, PANSY SCREECHED BLOODY MURDER, NEARLY STARTLING EFFIE.

"Effie, I'm so sorry!" Pansy wailed. Effie raised an eyebrow.

"For what?"

"For being a bitch, what else?"

"You get that from me," Effie says curtly, wanting to see if Pansy really did try to understand her point.

To Effie's surprise, Pansy did. "And for—for not hearing you out and see what you had to say! I'm sorry, but I genuinely believed I was supporting you by doing that!"

       Effie sighed, "Well I was wrong too. I shouldn't have gone off on you like that—"

       "You had every right to," Pansy interjected.

The next day, Effie was also relieved that Ginny wasn't mad. Apparently, Granger told them what she heard about her argument with Pansy.

Eleazar still hadn't tried to talk to her—and by then, Effie got so fed up that she dug up the amphetamines she kept hidden in her bag, beginning to take them again. She knew she said she would stop—but Effie didn't make a promise.

Effie didn't want to keep hearing that same damned riddle—everyone has it, but no one can lose it—if Effie couldn't figure out the fucking answer, then she wasn't going to watch people around her die in her dreams.

       "You're on the paper!" Pansy squealed, nearly shoving the Daily Prophets newspaper to her face. "And you look adorable!"

So this was why Effie kept hearing that Pansy was running around shoving the paper in people's faces and saying, look how pretty my wife is!