↳ oooxiv

🃏

FOURTEEN

——DIAMONDS DO APPEAR LIKE BROKEN GLASS TO ME

HISTORY OF MAGIC, THAT MORNING, FELT MORE MOROSE FOR EFFIE SINCE PANSY WAS STUCK IN THE HOSPITAL WING, COMING DOWN WTH A COLD.

She really wished she'd taken Madam Pomfrey's offer for her to stay in the Hospital Wing instead—but Effie just had to be fucking hardheaded and offered to take notes for each of the classes.

Effie had charmed a quill to take her notes for her instead, rubbing her eyes continuously throughout the lesson. I'll be damned if I fall asleep here and wake up from a nightmare.

However, luck didn't seem to stick by her side as Effie's head lolled into her palm, a curtain of rich honey-blonde hair falling over her face as her eyes fluttered shut in resignation.

Trepidation filled Effie's veins as she ended up in a red doorway, stumbling into. . . the History of Magic class.

What the fuck?

Professor Binns kept droning on and on about the goblin wars, ignoring his surroundings. Meanwhile, the students were another story. There were nooses hanging from the ceiling, and everyone slowly rose from their seats.

Effie furrowed her brows, briefly getting a gist of what was going to happen, "No, stop."

Everyone kept moving, climbing their desks, standing up to loop the nooses around their necks despite Effie's disapproval. "I said stop!"

It came to a standstill. Their heads snapped towards her in a creepy fashion, their necks all held in the noose. Then, their hands started moving eerily, synchronized.

"Wake up, Effie," She whispers to herself, stumbling back as she noticed Professor Binns moving his hands too. It was sign language—but Effie didn't know sign language. What the hell was it supposed to mean? "Wake up, Effie, come on. Wake up, wake up—"

Effie's words become choked out as tears filled her eyes in frustration. "WAKE UP!"

She jumped awake, hyperventilating slightly. An object was shoved in her hand, which Effie had come to recognize as her inhaler. She hastily used it, and took big gulps of breath, rubbing her eyes tiredly.