↳ ooovii

🃏

SEVEN

——DARK HORSE

——DARK HORSE

"WHAT DID YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT, MISS STARK?" Dumbledore's eyes glistened behind his spectacles. Effie's mind protected itself from Dumbledore's inquisitive Legilimency—no revered wizard doesn't know Legilimency.

What Effie said next nearly made his eyes pop out. "Do you know more of horcruxes?"

Dumbledore splutters, "That's very complex Dark Magic, Miss Stark," He frowned, and then fixed his spectacles.

"I've come to a conclusion that Riddle uses it to keep himself alive—I mean there has to be something, didn't it?" Effie reasoned, going off on a tangent about it. "There is no spell or potion that could bring back the dead. So my only answer is that he used horcruxes."

"How did you come across this, Miss Stark?" He sounded weary, but that must've been the tiredness from trying to sort out everything at the Ministry and make Potter un-expelled, being shitted on, and on top of that, he couldn't read her.

"He is the Prince of Dark Arts, wasn't he?"

"That's a rather large deduction."

"But professor, this is how I found out about fake Moody, just—just hear me out," Effie defended. "It sounds crazy. . . and barbaric. . . and insane, but that's the only plausible reason I could think of. Now please, professor, if you haven't any information on horcruxes—"

"In fact, I do, Miss Stark," Dumbledore's eyes twinkled again. "I will certainly be looking in on it," A thick book appeared in his hand. Of course. He hands it over to her, "But I must ask you to keep quiet about it. Only your father and Miss Weasley can know."

"Noted, professor," Effie nodded, glancing down at the book. "I hope you don't mind of my affinity for the Dark Arts, for if one is to defeat a monster, then one cannot simply stay the same. Sometimes, it does take one to become a monster to defeat its opposing, monstrous enemy."

"Alas, but it takes one to remember, that not all monsters do monstrous things, Miss Stark," Dumbledore reminds her, and smiled kindly. "I best be off now."

Clutching the book to herself, Effie nodded. "Thank you, professor."

        "Did you get what you wanted?" Eleazar asked once Effie exited the study after Dumbledore left.