↳ oooxvi

🃏

SIXTEEN

——DEVIL, DEVIL

——DEVIL, DEVIL

       EFFIE FELT LIKE SHE FUCKED UP AGAIN WHEN SHE ENDED UP IN THIS STATE OF PARANOIA, THE RED DOOR STARING HER DOWN MALICIOUSLY.

       "Everyone has it, but no one can have it, what is it?"

       She reached out to open the door—why did her subconscious tell her about an open door—and noticed the shadows rippling the ground beside her. And it clicked for Effie. "A shadow."

       "Took you long enough," The same voice that torment her rang out, followed by a bitter, loud laugh. "But too long now, Lillian. I'm afraid what you're looking for won't come back."

       The coffin materializes in front of her, "No," Effie whispers, angry tears burning her eyes as she dropped down next to the coffin. "No, no, I—who—"

       The moment the coffin door swung open, Effie was greeted by a lifeless Pansy Parkinson, her eyes a murky white. She was in her dress robes from the Yule Ball, but her olive skin was pale as can be.

      "What did—What did you do?!" Effie sobbed, grabbing Pansy by the shoulders. "What the hell did you do?!"

       "You were taking so long," The voice mocked her. "So I had some fun. I apologize for drowning her, though. I got carried away."

       Effie sobbed angrily as she began to do chest compressions, but each time, Pansy looked more dead. Fuck, if she couldn't save Pansy in her dreams, then how the hell would Effie save her in real life if it were to happen?

A whimper catches her attention, and then a loud chopping noise. There was a shrill scream as the rolling object came to stop at her feet, Pretzel's wide unblinking—Effie realizes the scream was her.

"Who are you?" Effie snapped, backing away as she looked around, glaring. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?"

There was a dark chuckle. "Don't you see, Effie? I am you. I am everything you'd never choose to be. I am the monster within that you hide behind that glorious, morally noble, calm facade. I am the violence, I am the side of you that your vast interest in the dark arts created. I'm here—always been here to show you that true evil always comes from the pure goodness. You ruin everything you touch—"