↳ oooooi

🃏

ONE

——IN MY RECOVERY

——IN MY RECOVERY

       IT WAS THE SECOND DAY THAT EFFIE HAD BEEN BACK FROM CALIFORNIA. She waited back home to surprise her dad when he arrives, but he never did. So, she went to the next place he told her about.

       Number twelve Grimmauld Place was dusty when Effie's feet lands on solid ground—her bracelet was an enchanted portkey so she could get wherever she wanted to be—and wobbled for a bit.

       Merlin, does any living person even live here? She ponders, her feet wandering over to the living area. Her trusty leather bag is slung on her shoulder, and she's gained a bit muscle too, from taking her frustration out on a punching bag.

       She carries a different prescription of inhalers now—when Effie got ahold of her asthma, it's not as severe as it once was. Her alarm shot up her spine when she sees her dad strewn over the couch. "Is he okay?"

       Eleazar, Remus, Bill, and Molly jumped, wheeling around to see her—except Eleazar, that is. But Eleazar still spoke, "H—How did you get here?"

       "I—I flew here. . . on a bus," Effie says convincingly.

       "But the Knight Bus doesn't extend to California—"

       "Shh. What the hell were you thinking? Risking your life for this—this Order of the Bird—"

       "Order of the Phoenix, Phemy."

       "Yeah, that—"

       "Does Pansy know you're back?"

       "No, she's staying with the Malfoys, remember?" Effie snapped. This was definitely concussion. "And stop changing the subject! What's this Order and what compelled you that risking your life for it was a good idea?"

       Eleazar raised his brow at her. "Lillian, are you going through my stuff?"

       Effie gave him a bewildered look. "Yeah, I go through all your stuff especially when you keep things from me."

       "I keep things from you," Eleazar began, rubbing his hand down his face. "Because you don't need to know everything."

       "Yes, I do," Effie retaliated back, making gestures with her hands. "I have to know everything. How else am I supposed to take care of you?"