↳ ooooix

🃏

NINE

——THROUGH THE DARK

——THROUGH THE DARK

       "MERLIN, EFFIE, WOULD YOU PLEASE MIND NOT TO USE HIS NAME AROUND ME?" Pansy complained quietly, finding their way on the train. The two had arrived early, so they could assign themselves a compartment before Pansy has to go to the Prefect Carriage (but not before Effie forced them to run by the local sweet shop and stock up on her sweets) (and also, might be because she and Pansy literally ran to the grocery store to buy important necessities).

        "I will not live in fear of him, Pansy," She says curtly, pulling her wool coat around herself tighter when it slipped past her shoulders. The amount of wool sweaters she acquired and currently stocked in her trusty shoulder bag was alarming.

        "Not all of us can be as fearless as you do, you know?" Pansy rolled her eyes, pushing through a suitable enough compartment with a dramatic sigh. "I know you're just as strong and stubborn as him—"

        "As who?" Daphne piped up, trudging through the compartment, Millicent in tow.

"As my dad," Effie lied effortlessly. "He almost didn't want to let Pansy and I continue in Hogwarts and put us in Ilvermorny instead."

Millicent's expression delved into one of concern, "I almost forgot to ask. How are you? You never wrote back to us, Pansy only says you've been—"

"Hey, lay off, Millicent," Pansy snapped protectively. "If she wants to speak, she will. She doesn't need to answer to that."

"Pans, it's fine," Effie says, amused. "I'm fine. When I came back from treatment, we toured around Belgium for awhile and they didn't have owls, that's why."

"You know Effie couldn't even stand on ice," Pansy snorted. "We tried this—this muggle tradition. . . ice skating, I think?" (It's a miracle they came up with that alibi on the spot, but she'd have Effie to thank since she can't lie for shit) "She kept falling over like an idiot."

"Please ignore my meaner, taller counterpart," Effie said, crossing her arms. "She's just jealous she couldn't find that sweater she wanted in the boutiques in the Diagon Alley." Actually, it was an online boutique but she can't exactly say that, can't she?

"So, did you meet any hot Californian people?" Daphne asked with a shit-eating grin, just as Theo made his entrance.