↳ oxviii

🃏

EIGHTEEN

——THE SHINING

——THE SHINING

EFFIE'S HEAD SNAPPED UP IN FEAR, WHIRLING AROUND. The tiredness and sleep-deprivation was definitely catching up to her as February bled into March. There was this dark figure making their way towards her, their hand scratching at the wall, producing screeches.

Once the light caught the side of his face, it was Moody—but then, his face bled into Crouch. Her hands, trembling, went up to cover her mouth in shock.

"Get on the ledge, Lillian," He smirked nonchalantly, still advancing. And Effie's feet were taking her backwards. She took note of his clothes—it was from Azkaban. "I said get on the ledge!"

Effie let out a cry, stumbling back as be drew closer. "You can't accept how unstable you are, can't you, Lillian?"

"No, please no," She sobbed, shaking her head from side to side furiously.

He tsked maliciously, "Like mother, like daughter. I wonder just how long before you end up with the same disease that killed her? But, death happens in different ways. I'd be granting you relief this way—GET ON THE LEDGE!"

She flinched, sobs falling from her lips as she began to do so. Her sobs grew louder as he walked closer, laughing ominously.

Effie shakes her head, more tears streaming down her face. "Please, please, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, for whatever my mum told you!"

"Well, I'm not. Better you die, than I," He jeered, and cackled. Then, he zoomed towards her, and in fear, causing Effie to fall back

Effie jolted awake, only to find half of the classroom looking at her. Professor Manson was looking at her disapprovingly, Pansy wasn't there because she ditched to be with Theo. Ginny looked at her, concerned.

"Miss Stark, I'm well aware you're a champion but that isn't an excuse to slack off in my class," Professor Manson says strictly.

"I—I'm sorry," Effie got up, rather dizzily and nearly fell over her feet. "Excuse. . . me. . . " Her words jumbled together as she grabbed her bag, and stumbled around and out of the classroom.

Effie wheezed as she fell into the girls' lavatory, the skin of her hands slapping against the linoleum floors as she struggled to get herself together and dragged herself to lean against the wall.